Prologue: Recapitulation

Based on Bubble Guppies Teen Years: Season 3 by ReaderandWriter9000

It had been an eventful summer on the Island of Sodor. Lots of passengers had come and gone, and lots of freight had been delivered. Henry had been in his shed for several days. It had been since he had hurt his twin Azul, because of his hallucinations of Alfred, the Holden B12. Sir Topham Hatt had given Henry a few days off to recover from his trauma. While he was recovering, Eagle and Zooli looked after Henry's passengers, and Azul and Emily looked after Henry's goods trains. Azul was still upset at Henry for hurting him, but deep down, he knew what Henry was going through. 

Henry was taking a nap in his shed, when Sir Topham Hatt's car arrived. Sir Topham Hatt stepped out of his car, along with a man Henry had never seen before. The man was wearing a white coat, and had a clipboard in his hand, and walked up to Henry. 

"It's nice to finally meet you." Said the man. " Thanks for coming. I'm excited to get to know you and work better on your case. To begin ... it is necessary that I know more about you. Let's start with the simplest. Say your full name"

"Henry... I am Henry, the number 3 green engine."

"Henry, huh? Nice name. How old are you?"

"Well, as of 2022, I am 103 years old."

"Good. What are your driver and fireman's names?"

"My fireman's name is Ted, and I don't know my driver's name, unfortunately."

"I'm glad to hear that. Do you have a brother or sister around here?"

"I do have a twin brother, his name is Azul. He looks like me in my old shape, but painted blue."

"Hmmm, I see. Well, we've got that out of the way. This is where "that" happened, right?"

"..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But it is necessary to be able to do something for you"

"(sigh) Alright.... One day, Gordon and I were at Knapford Station with our trains. When all of a sudden, he appeared."

"I assume that 'he' was the engine that tried to murder you and Gordon?"

"Yes, his name was Alfred, or should I say, used to be Alfred. He got his name taken away, and was numbered 98462. He didn't like me or any of my friends. He had an associate, 87546. They were the most horrid engines of the line! They ...  did horrible things to me."

"I don't like asking you this but ... could you tell me what "horrible things" they did to you?"

"They deprived me of my freedom. They beat me, yelled at me, tortured me. They left me without coal and water for a long time. They made fun of me and humiliated me"

"How long did it last?"

"Like two weeks before my friends and the police saved me"

"I guess your suffering would end right there"

"...No..."

"Huh?"

"Before those two were sent away, 98462 tried to murder me and Gordon before he was sent packing. But luckily, we survived, but the same can't be said for Sir Charles Topham Hatt. He was in critical condition because of me. He, unfortunately died when 98462 crashed with the fuel tankers in front of him."

"Oh....I see....But how did you handle the situation after that?"

"The situation did not improve much. My wounds healed ... but only the physical wounds. I suffered from constant nightmares about her. At worst, I could actually see him. Because of that, I almost killed my twin brother. And this is how we got here"