Chapter 1: Things Change

Summer had come to an end on the Island of Sodor. Vacation time was over, but the engines still had lots to do. This time should be fun for our protagonists. However, since what happened during the summer, things were not feeling well. Henry's situation plus Alfred's release worried the engines and those close to them. Even though everything looks bad, that won't stop them. Since they continue forward without importing difficult situations.

Being a autumn day means one thing: Nature. So it was a good opportunity to go out and enjoy. Gordon and Henry would go into Henry's Forest to enjoy the beautiful colors of autumn there, and it made Henry feel a little better. 

"Wow, Gordon! I did not remember that the forest was so beautiful in autumn." Henry commented while he was observing the forest.

"It's autumn, Henry. Most of the people are out exploring nature. I suppose it is an opportunity to attract more people." Gordon answered. "Come on, Henry! Let's go to the lake"

"Hehehe ok." Henry smiled at him. They both looked at each other as they went to the lake. They were able to see some families and couples around the lake. They both sat under a tree and watched the lake. There were some frogs and birds (most were ducks)

"Oh boy....They were good times....Euh...Gordon." Henry changed his tone a little.

"Huh? What is it, Henry? Something is worrying you?" Gordon looked at him.

"I....I just...I just want to say thank you very much for being by my side all this time. I know our friendship has been complicated because of what happened with Alfred. It must be tiring for you to deal with this with our friends." Henry said with sadness.

"Henry....I love you. I will always be there for you. You are not a bother to me. In fact, you're like a brother to me. I know you need help. And neither I nor our friends will tire of helping you. We will do what is necessary to make you better." Gordon said.

"Yeah....I am lucky to have an engine who I can call a brother like you. I doubt that another engine would do the same as you. Thank you I love you." Henry smiled. 

"Hehehe I love you too. Don't worry." Gordon smiled until something fell on his head "Auch! What the...?" They both saw that the object that hit Gordon was a simple acorn. Before long, a squirrel landed on Gordon's running board and the squirrel came down to collect the acorn from him.

"Oh hahaha." Henry giggled at his best friend's bad luck.

"Well....there are things that do not change." Gordon commented.

Meanwhile, not everyone was very happy that day. We can see our number 3 blue engine with a slightly more concerned expression. It seems that he was not calm. Azul was in the yard, shunting trucks. As he was concentrating in the yard, James and Eagle pulled up on either side of him. 

"Hi Azul."

"Hi, Azul!"

"Oh....Hi, Eagle. Hey, James!" Azul smiled at them "What are you waiting for? Come on, make yourself at home!" He kindly received them. The three of them sat around the turntable. A few seconds of silence passed, because at that moment, James and Eagle saw each other. It seems they were debating with his gaze who would start talking to him.

"Ejem....How was your summer, Azul?" James started to ask.

"Well, it has been great for me. This time I go out more with my crew. You know, traveling, visiting relatives, all of those things." Azul answered with a smile.

"I think it's cool!" Eagle added.

"You should go with me, guys. My driver's family would like to see you more around here.... And obviously me too." Azul commented.