Chapter 2 - First Dinner

"So, we're really eating dinner at the Madrigals?" Cristina asked as you told her what happened in the market a few hours ago. 

"Yes, hermana. So, we better finish our chores soon so that we can properly prepare for later." y/n replied with the slightest hint of excitement.

Honestly speaking, it's not that you didn't want to have dinner with the Madrigals, it's just that you weren't really all that close with them, aside from Mirabel and her parents.Your sis, well you heard she's really close with Dolores, so, you assumed she's excited to eat dinner with her bestie. 

You sighed.

"I guess I'll just stick with Mirabel once I'm there." You thought as you proceeded to eat breakfast you cooked.

*Timeskip*

"Y/n!!" You heard Cristina call you, disrupting you from your peaceful slumber.

You stood up, and walked over to your sister's room.

"You called?"

"Ay dios mio, you're still not dressed?!? We only have one hour until dinner!"

"Wha-?!" 

"Go-get-dressed! Vamos, más rápido hermanita" Cristina said as she summoned some air to push you towards your room.

"Bien, bien, bien. I'll get dressed now, chill-" You sighed as you closed the door to your room to get dressed. 

After a few minutes, you and your sister were all dressed up with one of the finest skirts and dresses you had, and both of you started walking towards the house of the Madrigals.

"Hey y/n, remember, a secret is a secret. Es por nuestro propio bien. (It's for our own good.)" Cristina said before knocking.

"Ah, Cristina and Y/n Legazpi, Thank you for accepting our invitation in such short notice." Abuela Alma greeted the both of you as she gestured you in.

"Oh Abuela, the honor is ours." Cristina said with a smile.

"Cristinaa!"

"Y/n!!" 

Dolores ran to your sister with a hug as Mirabel did the same to you.

"Woah, slow down there Dolores or you might actually cause me to fall on my back this time." Cristina joked which caused Dolores to apologize as they walked on ahead to the dining room.

"Y/n!! I'm so glad you guys came. Vamos, let's get you to the dining table okay, Cariño?" You nodded as Tia Julieta escorted you to the dining room.

"Madrigals and Legazpis, let's all settle down now, so that we can finally eat dinner." Abuela claps to get everyone's attention.

Soon, everyone was seated, Abuela at the head of the table, followed by Tia Pepa, Tio Felix, Camilo, Dolores, Cristina, and Luisa on one side of the table. On the other, Tia Julieta, Isabela, You, Antonio, Mirabel, and Agustin were seated respectively. 

The dinner started as everybody raised a toast. 

"Hey Antonio! I'm y/n-" You introduced yourself to the five year old but you noticed him clinging onto Mirabel's arm. 

"He's shy..." Mirabel stated as the boy continued to hide his now blushing face. 

"Aw, don't be, Antonio, tell you what, do you have a nickname?" 

"My mama calls me Tonio sometimes..." 

"Okay, then I'll call you Tonio, you can call me... hmmm..." you thought of a nickname 

"What about... y/n/n? Would you do me the honor of being called y/n/n, Tonio?" you said while gently pressing the kid's nose, resulting in a chuckle. 

"Okayy, y/n/n!!" Antonio smiled warmly as he finally let go of Mirabel and continued to sit properly between the two of you. 

"Well, so, I call you by your nickname, and you call me by mine, does that mean we're friends now??" 

"Best!!" He answered while inviting you into a hug. 

"Now now, Antonio, you might replace me with y/n, ah!!" Mirabel said teasingly. 

"Noooo" Antonio also hugged Mirabel as the three of you laughed. 

You were about to get yourself some food from the table when you noticed a boy that's sitting in front of you, staring at you with a smile plastered on his face. 

When you turned to look at him, he immediately looked away. 

"This Camilo..." you thought while you scoffed with a smirk.