(JUST A BOY WITH A DREAM)

The familiar ringing of an alarm clock begins to fill the room. A young boy reached his hand out to turn it off as he slowly lifted his face from the soft pillow to see what the time was. It was 7:30 a.m. He slowly got out of bed, adjusting his eyes before getting up and looking in the mirror. The mirror stared back at him. It was a young teenage boy who looked to be 16 with light brown hair, and amber eyes, wearing only his boxers with no shirt on. The young boy sighs as he walks into his bathroom to get ready for school.

A girl who seemed to be 18 with ginger hair, amber eyes with messy hair was wearing a tank top, and some pajama shorts while humming a little song as she was flipping pancakes. She picked up a plate with the aroma still lingering in the air and laid it down on a table before taking a seat herself.

"Marky come down, breakfast is done!" The girl smiled, waiting for the boy to reply, resting her hand on her hip.

The young boy walked out of the bathroom wearing a tie, a plain white button-up shirt, and khaki pants with a belt to complete. He walked to the dining table and sat down, groggily looking at the food that was in front of him. He grabbed the fork and began to eat.

The young girl sighed. "Marky have you been up all night playing those dumb video games? I told you don't stay up so late playing them. It's a school night. I don't want you falling asleep in class because you had some silly thing in a game." She sat down at the table looking at him.

The young boy didn't look at the girl as he spoke. "It's not my fault that an event happened on Rocknite. It's what I enjoy, and you'd understand if you got to see it for yourself Elizabeth." He said as he yawned.

Elizabeth sighs, laying her head on the table. ''Listen, I'm your older sister and you're living under my roof. At least listen to me, you know recently work has been kicking my ass. And I don't want to come home to my little brother wasting time on his computer and lacking in school. Plus I'm behind on rent so the landlord is going to be an ass about that, so at least let your big sister get to lay with you in bed or something." She kept her head down, pouting.

The young boy crossed his arms and looked over at his sister acting like a child. "You know it makes me worried that you might have a little boy complex or something. It's really weird, and also stop calling me Marky, my name is just Mark. You should know this by now.". He got up and put his dish in the sink while rolling his eyes.

"Well, be safe at school, and don't forget if you're going to have some fun with the ladies, at least wear a condom. I'm not ready to be an aunt yet, it would make me feel old." Elizabeth said, lifting her head and smiling.

"Like that would ever happen, I'm invisible at school, you know this. I need to start heading out or I'll be late." Mark said as he put on his shoes grabbed his school bookbag and headed out the door. Elizabeth nodded slowly and waved as he left.

Mark made it to the subway just as the train stopped in front of him. When he got on, he noticed the train was crowded with people, so he decided to stand using a pole to help him keep his balance. He pulled out his phone and logged into Flipbook to see what's been going on.

"Ha, I knew Innercore was going to be the top anime around here! Man, I just love how the writer has so much fun. I mean I do follow him on every social media he has. Can't forget the cute voice actors that are in it, especially the one who voices Selene. Even though I'm American, living in Japan isn't so bad." He smiled to himself and went back to scrolling on his phone.

Sometime later the train screeched to a stop and Mark got off. He began to walk down the sidewalk keeping a steady pace to ensure he was on time, his head still buried in his phone. He then looked up at a building that was three stories tall with plenty of windows. The students were loudly standing outside chatting. Heading inside the building, he had to push past students chatting, complaining about work, and crowding the hallways just to get to class. He made it to homeroom just as the bell rang, sitting himself down in the back of the classroom and staring out the window.