My Ordinary Life

Before we get into this chapter I just want to acknowledge just how long it's been since the last time I updated this book. It was July of 2019 and now it's 2022. I feel terrible for allowing this book to sit for so long but I'm back now.  I've missed writing so much and I've got so many ideas for this book.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Zoe's POV
I can't stop thinking about Sapphire. She's all I think about and the idea that I'm gonna be in the same room as her in only a couple of days is killing me.  I can't believe my poor Sapphire went through the torture that she did after we were separated, she never deserved to be treated the way she was. I'm the one who initiated the relationship. I'm the nasty pervert who went after a student and I'll never come back from that.  Ever since I saw that interview on TV, I've been doing a ton of research on what happened to Saph after that fateful event 6 years ago. I've found out that Sapphire's mother kept her on a strict schedule,  she wasn't allowed to have a phone, she had no friends, and she was closely monitored until the morning of her 18th birthday. Her mother knew everything that Sapphire said and did.

My only hope is that Sapphire will still see the same as she did all those years ago. I couldn't stand myself if she hated me but if she no longer wants a relationship with me of any kind then I will respect her wishes but I have to at least try. I  spent an entire week's paycheck on one seat at her next match and I plan on getting my money's worth out of it.  Just the thought of her back then still makes my heart flutter. she was my reason for smiling and ever since she left my life I've felt like I was missing a part of myself.  I need to feel her in my arms again, I need to protect her and hear her beautiful laugh again. There's no way I'm letting this opportunity go to waste.  

Sapphire's POV
As the day of my fight near My hometown in Texas grows nearer, I get more and more nervous. This is the first time I'm going home in years and so much has changed since the last time I was there. I'm no longer the scared little girl who was bullied and forcibly suppressed by her mother.  I re-live that day every night. the look on my mother's face as the cops took me by the arms, the way the cop's hands rubbed bruises on my arms as I thrashed around, the way my throat burned as I yelled for the only person who had seen the real me. I got with Cara not long after my debut match. We had hated each other in school but she was someone who my manager thought looked good in front of the cameras. She honestly hasn't changed since High school and probably never will. She has been nothing but money-hungry and we can't stand to be around each other yet in public we're made to look like we're in love.

As I lay in bed at night all I can think about is the day of my 18th birthday. Zoe was supposed to show up and whisk me away from Texas and my mother but she never showed up. I'll never forget the feeling of realizing that I was all alone. I had to take care of myself.  My fight against Twin City is my most anticipated fight and will hopefully be the one to get me the title of Champion. As a famous UFC fighter, I'm put on a pedestal and It's so lonely up here in the light. I just want to go back to when I and Zoe was sneaking around and having fun. It was such a simple time. I was on top of the world and nobody could knock me down.