Love Again: 2 (ft. Harshad)

"One bouquet of pink and white roses, please!" Karan was purchasing the bouquet for my upcoming date, while I was staring at the busy road, where vehicles were whooshing, people, giggling and enjoying New Year's Eve. This reminded me of my ex., Preeti, with whom I was happier than anyone.

Our relationship lasted a year, but I was already attracted to her. During these four years without her, I tried messaging her, calling her, meeting her many times, stalking her on social media and doing many to reconcile with her. But she was not ready to reconnect with me. Pity her, what would she do? It was all my fault. I scolded her as I was high. But otherwise, I would never raise my voice against her. It's not being submissive, but it's being understanding.

A hot tear went down my right cheek, as I realised what kind of a jerk I was. Meanwhile, I felt a hand on my left shoulder, and I looked back, to see Karan with the bouquet. It was wrapped with a transparent cover which was embedded with designs of little white roses.

"Ready, dude?" He asked me, with a wide grin on his face. He was the one who always wished me good luck for me. He tried setting me up with nearly 15 girls, but every attempt went in vain.

"Yes, dude!" I said, with a faint smile and an approving nod.

"Let's go, Harshad! This year is yours!" He shouted while he went inside the car, while I sat next to the driver's seat.

"Where are we going, Karan?" I asked. Yes, I would be the first guy to go on a date without knowing the venue.

"The Habitat! I booked a table for you two. Live music is up there, and... That would be an oh-so-romantic date I could set up for my friend!" He replied, waving his hands dramatically, which made me smile. Only he can make me feel good.

"When is the date?" I asked sheepishly.

"Seriously? Am I Kia's date or is that you? Be serious, man! The time now is six-forty and you have your date at half past seven!"

See? I can be stupid at times.

"Shall we go now?" He asked with a pout.

"Hmmm!" I hummed, as he vroomed the car and we were all set to have my sixteenth date.

***

"So? Did you like the place?" I asked Kia while holding her hand. Karan asked me to hold her hand, as it would be romantic.

"Yeah! But I like you more," She replied in a husky tone. Wow, she too can be flirtatious!

Kia is my boss and six days younger than me. I still wonder what she found interesting in me, but she asked me out the previous day, while Karan texted her as myself.

I chuckled at the comment, trying to make myself look cute.

"You look cute when you chuckle," She said. Karan has always been my dating advisor!

"I know! But you are more cuter than me. Even when you are angry or even when you cry." Is it worth the shot?

"Awww! I didn't know that you noticed a lot of me." Hmmm! Seems like it's worth it!

"Now... What would you like to have, sweetheart?"

She blushed while I called her sweetheart, and said, "Anything you wish to."

"Fine! Ummm... Waiter!" I called the waiter, who was taking orders from the table next to mine. He turned and came towards our table when I saw that beautiful girl sitting at the next table. She was in her fuchsia pink, balloon-sleeved top and black pants, talking to her friend.

"Preeti?" I mumbled louder enough for Kia to hear.

"Do you know her?" She asked.

"Ummm... Yeah. Sort of," I said.

Now what am I supposed to do? I'm on a date and my ex. is here! Is it going to be Preeti or Kia?

"What would you like to have, sir?" My chain of thoughts broke when I heard the waiter asking us.

"Ummm... What would you like to have, Harshad?" Kia asked while I couldn't focus on the moment.

"Ummm... You go on ordering. I'll be back," I said and got up when she held my hand.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Ummm... Yeah! I'll be back," I said and left for the restroom.

I stood, facing the large mirror. A confused soul stared back at me. I didn't know whether to choose Preeti or Kia now.

I opened the tap and splashed some water on my face so that I could think clearly. I splashed three consecutive times and found comfort in the cold water.

After splashing, I took the velvet blue hand towel and wiped my face, when I saw a frustrated and broken heart staring at me, through the mirror.

I looked back at her, and tears were visible in her eyes.

"Preeti?" I called her out and slowly went towards her.