Love Again: 3 (ft. Preeti)

He came towards me, as I could hear my own heart leaping out.

He came closer to me and I could feel his breath on my face.

"Preeti? Where have you been these years?" He asked, with tears in his eyes.

"Somewhere away from you," I said, facing away from him.

"What did I do, to go away from me?"

"What didn't you do, Harshad? You suspected me of flirting with your friend. Was that all you trust me?" I finally asked him that question I wanted to ask for those four years.

"Preeti, I..." He first faced me but looked away and started to cry. After a minute, he resumed speaking. "I'm sorry. I didn't do it intentionally. That was a drunk mistake."

"There is a difference between suspicion and drunk mistake."

"Try to understand, Pri! These four years without you were hell for me. I beg your apology! I won't repeat this. I need your love. I need you to comfort me. I need all those days we spent again. I love you, Preeti! I can't say anything except this. Please! Won't this melt your heart?" After every sentence, my tears welled up more. And my heart already melted.

"Now what are you trying to say?" I asked with a fake straight face.

"Love me again, Preeti," He said. "Please! Love me again. I want all your love for me. I can't compromise with that. But, please! Forgive me. What happened in the past was a bloody mistake. And I am sorry for that, Preeti!"

I looked away, while awkward silence entered. Should I forgive him? Or should I ditch him? What should I do now?

"Harshad, let's better step out and--" I said, moving towards the door, while he held my hand, pulled me towards him and sealed my lips with his. He put his tongue into mine and my heart melted more this time. Tears welled in my eyes as I realised how much I was longing for him.

A minute after our passionate kiss, I stared at his ink-black eyes intently and cupped his cheeks.

"I... Sorry, Preeti! What happened now, this--" He said while I interrupted him.

"Let's love again, Harshad!" I said, with tears in my eyes and a warm smile.

"Huh?" He asked, baffled.

"Let's love again. Let's get married. Will you marry me and be my lovable hubby?" I know this is spontaneous. But I want him now forever.

"Yes, to-be-Mrs. Singh!" He said, pushing me against the wall and kissing me again full of love, and I reciprocated the kiss with the same amount of love.

As we broke out, we laughed at each other.

"Let's love again!" I said, looking at his eyes.

"Let's love again!" He repeated.

"Let's love again," I said, while our foreheads met.

"Let's love again," He said, kissing my right hand.

Hope you guys liked the tale of Harshad and Preeti. Do vote, comment and share!

Word count: 2026 words.