Without You

Dragon Season includes a festival. Dragon Season is not annual, no it is a celebration of coming to age and true love. Which is very rare in our world today. Now it was no secret Magnolia was home to three Dragon Slayers and a wizard with Dragon Slayer magic.

Signs were made, thanks Reedus, and posted everywhere by Wendy and Carla along with a hopping Lisanna.

"Wow! The guild looks amazing!" Said an awed celestial mage.

"Of course it does, I helped decorate it," commented a very cocky pink haired teen.

Lucy huffed. And no surprise he'd say something like that. She thought.

Natsu had helped indeed, stringing up lopsided tinsel. He'd also instructed Romeo on how to carefully place colored fire onto the torch. Now remember this was coming from a Dragon Slayer who destroyed whatever he wanted without even hesitation or major movement. You can guess how that turned out. Luckily Juvia exists.

A certain ice mage had created a towering dragon sculpture with few words, "Ice make: DRAGON!"
To no one's surprised a blue-haired water mage had endlessly complimented the creator of the dragon.

Erza was in charge of the cake. She was given a list of common favorite flavors and pastries among the guild. Being strawberry cake fanatic she is she only bought that one flavor. Nice job, Erza.

The guild had shimmering lanterns over the bar and sparkly trim around the flame patterned, table clothes tables and chairs.

Dragon Season was upon us.

"Mirajane! Mirajane!" A sprinting Wendy clambered through the guid doors and ran towards the barmaid.

Before the young mage continued she gave a puzzled look at a certain corner that held a blue-haired woman sitting on table reading a story to many make wizards that had gathered round and sat on the floor in front of her like small children during story time.

"What's with them?" She asked.

"Oh, it's an old dragon tale. Nothing much," replied Mira.

Warren, Max (who was cuddling a broom), Gajeel, Elfman (listening to stories is MAN!) Wakaba, Macao, and of course Jet and Droy were listening intently to the young girl's story.

"Okaaay. All the citizens are in an outburst! They're so excited. Organizing food booths and floral arrangements," said Wendy, amazed.

Multiple mages cheered.

No one really payed attention to the job request board.

Cana and Gildarts were in the midst of chugging two humongous barrels of alcohol when a blonde came busting through the old library door shouting, "Levy! Levy-chan! What's this?!" She sounded heavily worried

She was holding a plain piece of parchment that lettering in long, curvy, navy-colored ink was written:

During Dragon Season:
-Due to similar traits both Dragon and Dragon Slayer will experience Dragon Season
-Dragon Season is the time when ones experiencing the event will scour for their mate. There is only one mate per lifetime.
-Dragon/Dragon Slayers will find their mate and mark said mate. No other event must occur during Dragon Season.
-The dominant in the mateship will be the Dragon that marked the other first and same goes for Dragon Slayers
-Once marked Mates will be able to have the ability to communicate telepathically and to share similar magic in small amounts
-Dragon Slayers and Dragons may have a variety of strange emotions and changes in appearance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of the Wizards that had gathered to hear Levy's take were pouring shed stopped reading but soon became interested in the paper, just as everyone else.

"Ah, I made that this morning. It's some important information about Dragon Season," replied the bluenette.

Guild mates lined up to get a peak at the paper. Some began asked Levy questions. "Why hadn't you told us?" , "Communicate telepathically? Warren you have competition!" , "Ooh, you know who Gajeel is going to pick?", "What." And lastly a man with bright flames rising from his fists practically screamed, "Mate?! No well in hell am I getting a mate!"

Everyone turned towards Natsu. This could not end well.