3

I was just standing outside the door. Other people passing by were staring at me. I just knelt and cried, unable to stop the heartache I was having. I really can't see him like that. I can't stop crying every time I see him struggling.

When I calmed down, I got up and went straight to Kayde's office. I caught him reading something and his forehead was still furrowed so I asked him, "The hell with your face? You look like a frog" he probably didn't notice that I entered because he looked at me in surprise.

"Why is it that every time you come here, you're crying?" he didn't pay attention to what I said but he noticed my face. His office was small, just right for one person. I sat down in front of him. He was sitting on the sofa when I caught up with him earlier. He handed me a tissue.

"You have something to tell me?" I asked

"There's no hope for h ---" I didn't let him finish "That's bullshit! You told me before that he'll get better as long as I can find bone marrow" I shouted.

"But until now you still can't find anything," he said seriously.

"I'm trying! I'm trying my best! Every night I'm thinking about how and where I can find it! So ... so don't say that to your brother" I cried again. I will never run out of tears.

"I'm sorry" I just felt that he was by my side. He stroked my back to calm me down but I cried even more.

"P-please don't give up on Cain," I said in the middle of crying.

"I'm sorry"

I immediately went back to Cain's room and I found him asleep. I just arranged his blanket. Up to this point, he was still naughty to sleep. I took a chair and sat down next to him and held his hand. I brought them to my lips, kissing them again and again, for the fourth time, my tears fell onto his fingers.

"Hey"

As strangled sob tears out of my mouth, I attempt to stand up and sit beside him. His arms tighten around me, one hand tangling in my hair to bring my head closer. I bury my face in his neck, trembling wildly as tears slide down my cheeks in salty waves.

"Don't cry," he begs. "It breaks my heart to hear you cry"

But I can't stop. I gulp for air and shudder in his arms, and he strokes my hair and makes rough, soothing noises that only make me cry harder.

"Please don't leave me" my voice is muffled against his neck but I heard his voice loud and clear as he says, "I'm not going anywhere. I promise," he said. It's odd and there seemed to be something wrong. There seems to be something missing from his words and I can't figure it out.

He grabbed my face and now we're facing each other. I feel his thumb trace across my cheek. He pressed a kiss to my cheekbone and goose bumps scattered to my skin as I felt his soft lips. He wraps his arms around me. "I love you" his mouth touches mine. I tried pushing him away but he refused to let me go. I can't believe we're doing this inside of a hospital.

"This is a hospital and not a hotel" I woke up, daftly and when I open my eyes, I saw Cain smiling at me. I don't want to get up. I just want to lay in bed, wrap my arms around him, bury my face in his chest, and felt the warmth of his body.

"Should I find myself a boyfriend too?" my body stiffened in shock. I woke up suddenly when I found out that besides the two of us, there was someone else inside. I immediately got off the bed and quickly went to the cr. I heard them both laugh. I first looked at myself in the mirror and noticed a small red circle around my neck.

"Mosquito bite?" I touched it. I didn't feel a lump and I finally realized that it wasn't a mosquito bite!

I immediately went out.

"Cain! What did-- what happen ?!" I shouted when I saw there was blood on the bed. I immediately approached them.

"Are you in pain?!" I asked while looking at her body. At the speed of my hand, he could not lie down. I almost undressed him.

"Vee, what are you doing?" I stopped and looked at Cain. I touched his face with both my hands and brought him close to my face.

"Look me in the eyes"

"I'm already looking"

"Am I still beautiful in your eyes?" I ask. He smiled which stopped my heartbeat. "Of course" I let go of him violently and smiled. The red color on his blanket suddenly entered my mind.

"It's just juice," Kayde said in annoyance.

"You're here brother in law" I joked. Cain laughed while Kayde just looked at me.

"Get out of my sight Vee"

"Single life will do everything to separate-OUCH! Why did you throw a notebook at me?! Did you see that Cain? He's jealous again-Kayde! Let go of my ear!" he pinched my ear. I didn't notice that he came to my side.

"Your so noisy " I heard Cain laugh. The two of us both turned to him and gave him a deadly look. He went silent. Kayde also dropped my ear. I touched that part because it was a bit painful.

"I'm going to report you to Nixues! Do you think I didn't know you had a relationship with him?" I nag. Cain sighed and laughed softly. Kayde's eyes widened, unable to believe what he heard.

"Shut up, Vee," he said seriously.

"Your ear is red" I laughed as I said to him and went to Cain. I picked up the blanket and laid it on the chair and took another one in the cabinet.

"Thank you," Cain said. I just smiled at him and kissed him on the lips. I just did it quickly because I could feel Kayde's stare. He might think again that I'm not ashamed---I'm not ashamed.

I went out afterward and bought breakfast in front of the hospital. There is a restaurant here so I don't have to drive a car. I also bought fruit for Cain and I didn't forget to buy coffee and breakfast for his brother, Kayde.

Not to brag, but I'm really rich. Rich in coffee.