4

I waited for Cain to fall asleep before I left. I'm going home now to get things. It's already 9 pm. There was almost no traffic so I parked the car because no one was watching over Cain. I can't count on his brother because he's definitely at Nixues' house now.

The hospital is only 10 mins away from home but it is only 5 mins when I drive the car. I just took Cain's clothes and I also took snacks. I also got a dress just to be sure. I immediately went back and when I came to the room, I could not see Cain.

"Cain?" I call. I put down what I was carrying first. 

"Cain" I call again. He does not answer. I know he's just here. I would have opened the bathroom door but it was locked. "Cain, open the door" I still insisted on opening it. "Go away"

"Cain, open up--"

"I said go away!" I was surprised when he shouted. I immediately took the duplicate key in the cabinet and, I immediately opened the door.

I was more surprised by what I saw. I was holding my mouth in shock. "What the hell are you doing ?!"

Almost blood could be seen on the floor. My eyes searched where the blood came from. My knees are numb. He was sitting, leaning against the wall. I noticed his dextrose; it wasn't attached to his hand so I'm sure that's where the blood came from.

"Why me?" I heard him say. I approached him and hugged him. "Why me? And not just you?" I don't know what he's saying. "The world is so unfair!"

"Let's go back to bed—" I stopped what I was going to say when he pushed me hard and separated me from hugging him.

"I hope you're the one who's in pain!" he shouted. "I hope you're the one to die" he shouted again. His words sounded like a broken plaque in my brain. This feeling that I can't explain. I was just looking at him blankly. What he said hurt me but I didn't say anything back.

I know he was hurting and I know he feel lost. I have been through that a lot. I always put myself aside and it's so hard to act like I'm fine when I'm not. I always pretend I'm fine all the time and no one even notices.

"Every day, I'm hoping I could take your place. Every night, I'm thinking to give up but your smile always entered my mind, reminding me how great to live by your side in this unfair world" I said. I approached him slowly. He looked into my eyes.

I touched his face. "It kills me to see you like this so please don't do this again" I brought his head to my neck and hugged him.

"Let's end this" I was taken aback. "I wish I didn't meet you" he added. I hold him tight. I was hurt by the words he let out but I didn't speak because I knew he was hurting more than I do.

All I can say to him was, " I love you" I repeated it over and over to the point I can no longer remember how many times I said that word.

"I can't believe this" Kayde said. I was just blankly looking at Cain. He is sleeping now. Fortunately, Kayde thought of going here and found us inside the bathroom leaning against the wall.

"Are we compatible?" I ask of nowhere.

"What?"

"I'm leaving"

"Are you leaving like that? And where are you going?" I didn't answer him instead I leave without saying goodbye.

It was raining.

The sound of each falling rain gives soothing to the mind. I felt every drop of rain on my face along with the dripping of tears.

I like this. I like the rain cause it hides my tears.

"Aren't you tired of crying?" I said to myself.

I was just walking in the middle of the darkness. Finding the right path. I don't care if I'm already soaking wet, I just want to get rid of the heavy feeling.

I just noticed that I was in the park. I laughed because I thought I had come a long way but I was just here in front of the hospital. I sat in the vacant seat.

This is pathetic. You get in a fight with someone and just end up crying. Every single day, no matter what the season or years I spend with him, I always choose to stay because, for me, he was the home that I dreamed of when I was young. My love for him was innocent yet intense. I can't give up now.

I did not go back to the hospital instead I went home. I searched for a donor for a week but not one, no one was compatible with him. How many hospitals have I been to? but I only got one from them ... the word I didn't want to hear.

"He won't last in this world"

Now I'm talking to Kayde and Nixues in Kayde's office.

"I can't find anything" I uttered.

Nexus looked at Kayde like something was wrong. Kayde then grabbed Nixues's hand and nod at him.

The hell is wrong with them.

"30% chance that you will find a donor but in Cain's case, 80% chance that you will not be able to find a compatible marrow for him. Kayde is Cain's brother but they are not compatible. That's how hard it is to find" Nixues said seriously.

"And if you can find a donor, transplant rejection may occur in less than a month after the surgery. He won't make it" Kayde added.

"They are brothers! so why aren't they compatible ?!" I shouted "I'm not that stupid not to know about that!!!"

"Kayde is adopted that's why they are not compatible. Are you happy now?" Nixues seriously said. I can see in his face that he was pissed.

"Does he know--- no, does everyone know except me?" I asked. They look at each other and nod. I sighed. 

'Stupid me'

I seem to have lost my hearing. What they say does not settle well with me. 

"I'm going to another country –"I was cut off when Kayde spoke "He won't be around for long, Vee." I ignored what he said and continued what I was going to say "Maybe I could find some—"cut off again when Nixues spoke "Are you listening to us? He won't last long in this world even if you find a donor,"

I ignored him and took the bag and stood up. "You're so stubborn" Nixues added.

"I'm leaving," I said, turning away from them. "All right, leave now but don't expect to see Cain again"

I stopped and look at them. They were taken aback when they saw me sobbing. "What am I going to do? Wait for him to die?" I said softly like I'm just trying to talk.

"Yes! Because there is no chance for my brother!" Kayde said. I was startled by what he said, but he seemed even more surprised as if he didn't know what he was saying.

"There's no chance because you've been betraying your brother since the beginning! You didn't do anything! You just looked at him while he was in pain! You didn't even look for a donor or anything!" I yelled. "You're selfish. You're a selfish person! You're always thinking about yourself and you forget that you still have a brother who needs you!"

"Vee, that's enough," Nixues says. I just stood there calmly staring at them. "You have no idea what it's like to lose someone you love!!" I screamed as I stormed out.