Chapter 7

Penelope's P. O. V:

The next morning, in my pink short sleeved pink v neck collared rib knit shirt, matching jodhpurs, and my Disney Princess Aurora necklace, I wait in the arena with my truck riding instructor, Stacy, while Marcus brings Bella up to me, tacked up in her trick riding gear.

He smiles at me while handing me my horse's reins, "Here you go, Pippa

He smiles at me while handing me my horse's reins, "Here you go, Pippa. Good luck with training. I'll meet you later for jumping practise."

I smile appreciatively as I take the reins and say, "Thank you, Marcus."

The Greenbridge pats Bella's neck before exiting the arena, closing the gate behind him. Once Marcus was gone, I mount my horse.

"Take her for a warm up and stand in the saddle to start," Stacy tells me.

I nod and urge the mare into a walk. After a few minutes, a trot, then a canter. When I complete my warm up, I get on my knees, making sure I was balanced. Then I rise to my feet and hold out my arms, resisting the urge to close my eyes as the wind hits my face.

Bella gallops around the arena as I remain in this position for a few minutes.

"Do the Layout Fender," Stacy instructs. I flip down my horse's side but catch at the horn to prevent myself from hitting the floor and hold out my arm. "Straighten your back and tighten your hand a bit more."

I do as Bella gallops across the arena.

"The Forward Fender," Stacy says. I switch positions so I'm in the same position as before but with my back to Bella's rump. "One Foot Stand."

I pull myself up and put my foot in the safety strap while I grip the horn and hold my right leg out, the wind rushing past my face.

"Keep your hands steady. That's it," Stacy tells me. "Now for the Back Drag." I sling my left leg over the saddle and hand upside down, towards the sandy floor. "Good. You're doing great, Pippa," The redhead compliments. "Show me how you do the Vault."

I climb back up and get on one knee before I hold out my other leg and my arms to my sides, as though I'm kneeling.

I manage to keep my balance as Bella gallops around the arena.