About The Hashira: Kyojuro Rengoku

Kaoi: So Beatrice what do you want to know about first?

Beatrice: Betty would like to start with this Hashiras you mentioned.

Kaoi: Ah you so want to start with the Hashira? Well, what is there to say. They are the Corps' most elite and powerful swordsmen. They are slayers that either killed a Demon Moon or killed 50 demons in their career. Anyone would be very lucky to be in their presence.

Beatrice: Is that so?

Kaoi: Well... okay maybe not all of them may be so pleasant to be around. As a tsuguko, I did get the chance to meet and converse with them more than the average slayer would.

Beatrice: Then I hope you are planning on telling Betty about each of them.

Kaoi: I will, well I guess I would start with the first one I met and who later became my master. The Hashira of Flames, Kyojuro Rengoku.

Beatrice: Yes, you have mentioned him before. Judging from that title, am I correct to assume he also uses this Flame Breathing?

Kaoi: Yes, in fact, it was an ancestor of Rengoku-sama that cultivated the technique and has been passed down the family line ever since.

Beatrice: Interesting, so how did you meet this Rengoku.

Kaoi: Well I met him when my village on Odo island was attacked by demons. After a demon killed my father, it was Rengoku that saved me and my sister. Afterward, he offers me a chance to stop something like this from ever happening by becoming a demon slayer. I accepted and the rest is history.

Beatrice: Seems like you have a very high admiration for this man, I suppose.

Kaoi: How could I not. He was so generous that he allowed me and my sister to live at the Rengoku estate. At first, I was worried about how Rozu was going to be at the mansion, but she quickly grew accustomed to her new environment. Even making quick friends with Regoku's brother, Senjuro. Rengoku trained me to be the slayer I am today. Although, I still can't belive he named me his Tsuguko.

Beatrice: That's another thing I want to talk about, I suppose. What does it mean to be his successor?

Kaoi goes into very serious expression.

Kaoi: The purpose of being his Tsuguko is that in the event that Rengoku retires or... die. I am to take his place as Hashira.

Beatrice: And are you prepared to take on such a responsibility?

Kaoi: Yes, I actually took a week to reflect before accepting his offer. Hopefully, I won't have to take on such responsibilities anytime soon. If it did I hope it was because he decided to retire but I don't see that happening.

Beatrice: He seemed to be a very respectable man, I suppose. At least much more respectable than the clown that owns this mansion.

Kaoi: [chuckles] You can say that again.

Mailtime!

Kaoi: Hello Re: Slayer Readers! and welcome to a segment called  Mailtime.

Beatrice: In this segment, you may make a comment with a question in the chapter you are currently reading, I suppose.

Kaoi: and we'll answer any questions in the next chapter.

Ram: Lady Beatrice and Bakaoi, I would appricate it if you didn't encourge these pleabians to flood Master Roswaal's doorway with letters containing pointless questions.

Kaoi: Oh Ram.  Now remember just ask the question in the latest chapter of "Betty wants to know..." and we'll get back to you next time. But for now have a good day!

Beatice: Farewell.