2

I feel into Hero's embrace as he made his way over to the group. Attendees were still staring and the ordeal was beginning to stress me out. 

"Thank you for stopping that nonsense. My God. It was supposed to be Kylie's special day and they ruined it. How did the girls know where it was being held?" 

He shrugged. 

"Annie and her lackeys are always two steps ahead of everyone, remember?" 

Oh, yes. Definitely did. 

Instead of voicing this knowledge, I slapped his arm. 

"Don't even bring up that damned tape. It doesn't matter anymore. You're a better person." 

At the comment, Hero smoothed his hand over the length of my hair. 

"It's times like this that assure me that I don't deserve you... Speaking of which... Did you wear that dress on purpose? It is a wedding but I can't help but imagine bending you across the table and fucking the disobedience out of you." 

This caused a flush to spread over my skin. It had been some time since we got kinky in the bedroom so calling for a tight number that accentuated my ass seemed like the way to go. 

Even as his eyes roamed the dipped neckline, it was obvious a fun night awaited. 

"Why don't you go check on Kylie?" He growled. "She needs you and can't promise that I won't drag you in a fucking bathroom and take you in there." 

Turning on my heel, I took him at his word. It was a dangerous call, but perhaps swinging my hips would make the wait... 

Oh no. 

Making it down the hall, Ezekiel was trying to calm his wife, but she only cried harder, hyperventilating in the process. 

"Can't believe I was ever friends with them!" She howled. "Such bad people... I swear..." 

He kissed the side of her face. 

"Every member of your family knows what you've been through and how much you've changed. Kristina does too... That's why she's here." 

Kylie gasped as she caught sight of me, whilst E sent a hopeful smile. 

I approached, gathering my friend in my arms. 

"Sweety... You're worth four of each of those leeches." 

She drew in a ragged breath. 

"You have to know... I said horrible things about you back when, but... That tape was a game. It's no excuse at all... God... Why did you stay friends with me?" 

At the sight of Ezekiel sneaking away to give us space, I went on. 

"Because: it was clear you needed some guidance and real friendship. Not people that had vile interests at heart. Listen... You took months of torture so I wouldn't face pain... Revealing nothing... How does that make you a bad person?" 

At the eerie silence, the praise continued.

"Annie, Ellie or even Nora wouldn't have had the heart to do so. Besides..." 

My hand fluffed at the silky skirt of her wedding dress. It fit to a T, making her small waist more visible in a corset. 

"You look ravishing, my dear." 

This made her brighten at my smooth compliment.

"You're seriously the best friend anyone can have." 

We both embraced tightly until a cough sounded from behind us. Hero bit his lip fiddling with the glinting snake bites. 

My... My... 

even after two years, the metal turned me the hell on.

How did a woman get so lucky?