𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

'𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞'

[Still in Eleven's POV]

When I told her to get out of the window, she did precisely that. I could see she was scared, and I was too, but I had to remain strong for her. Once she had gotten out of the window, I followed her.

Oh yeah, you know that saying that goes: 'I am on top of the world'. That's exactly the situation 12 and I found ourselves in, and it was terrifying. While 12 avoided looking down, I am so glad I did. The ground below us was filled with garbage. Jumping into the garbage seems like the best plan. The fear in 12's eyes was evident as she looked at me while I held her hand.

I pointed to the rubbish below us, signalling that we should jump. She simply squeezed my hand to let me know she was fine with the plan.

The two of us jumped.

We jumped off of a freaking building...

It was all rubbish for now but it will all be worth it soon enough. I can tell. (okay I agree the pun was not necessary but it was awesome).

There was a drain close to the rubbish we were in.  It was our only means of escape despite how disgusting it was. I tapped 12's shoulder as she looked at me, pointing towards the drain.

She moved her head from side to side as a sign she was not doing this. I was losing patience as I looked at her. Then I went to her, held her hand, and looked directly into her eyes, helplessly trying to make her understand the urgency of our situation. The look on her face softened when she looked at me and nodded to indicate she was ok with the plan.

Before following her I looked one last time at the lab, knowing that I will not miss the agony and suffering 12 and I went through there.

We took what seemed an eternity to escape the drainage.

Finally, freedom.

My next thought was where we were; it was just a forest. The only option was to get out of there and into safety. It took us about 20 minutes of mindless walking before we made it to a place called Benny's Burgers. We stepped inside from the backdoor. 12 didn't come in at first but after a minute of convincing, she did. We made it to the kitchen of the place. I spotted something on the table it was food. Both me and 12 were starving after our little escape. So we started to share our food quite quickly practically devouring it after seeing how hungry we were.

After a second a man noticed us. 'Shit' I cursed to myself as the man shouted 'Hey, Come here. I made 12 hide under the counter while I ran as fast as I could. So the man could catch me but not catch 12 whatsoever.

I almost made it out of the back door but I was too late he caught me. 'You think you can steal from me boy' the man said in an angry tone as he held me in my place. After a minute he soon realised I wasn't a boy and uttered 'What the hell' in confusion.

The man kindly gave me a burger to eat along with one for 12. 'Geez, your parents forget to feed you?' the man questions as he sees me and 12 devouring our burgers. 'Is that why you ran away, ' they hurt you?'.' Did you both run from the hospital and you wound up here. Is that it?' the man questions me and 12 trying to gain some knowledge.

'All right' the man says finally as he takes our burger away. 'I'll give this back, all right? And you and your sister can have as much as you want. All right? Maybe even some Ice - Cream but you gotta answer some of my questions first' We got a deal?'

'Yes,' I replied slowly looking at 12.

'What are your names ?' asks the man looking towards me. I don't utter a word. In an attempt to get our names the man introduces himself as Benny Haymond and shakes my hand. A concept that I was never introduced to. I still decide to say nothing.