Chapter One: Emma's POV

Emma's POV

"Kilian, please, come back to me." I sobbed into his chest. "You're my happy ending." I barely whispered it into his ear. He had been hit with a curse from the Wicked Witch of the West. He hasn't taken a breath since, and that was three days ago, but Regina assured us all that she could find something to bring him back. It's been three long, miserable, hellish days, but I've stayed near him the whole time. I've hardly eaten except for when Henry forced me to eat something from Granny's every now and then. At night I would sleep on the couch in the same room, hardly getting any sleep. My mom and dad visited a few times too, and they would bring me food and books from the library, but mostly, he was all I could think about. I started thinking of what I would do without him, which brought tears to my eyes, but my thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. Henry walked in, sat down next to me, and put an arm around me.

"Has Regina found anything yet?" He asked.

"I haven't heard from her yet. You're home early."

"Yeah, they sent everyone home because the Witch is at Town Hall. Snow and Charming are there too." That sent me into high alert.

"Do I need to go help them?" Things like this happen all the time, and none of us have really figured out how to control it without causing some disaster first.

"I don't think so, but Grumpy is in the hospital with Gold's dagger to the leg."

"So he could die?!"

"Yeah, but I think they have it under control." He tried to act cool, but I could see the worry in his eyes. He leaned in and squeezed me in a hug.

"I love you." I said.

"I know."

"Well then." We both laughed.

"Just joking. I love you too mom." I pressed my face into his head, and he smelled like...cologne?

"Henry, are you wearing cologne?"

"Maybe, why?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Maybe, why?"

"Who is she?"

"No one." Regina walked in then.

"I can't help but overhear." She said. "Henry, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, but its fine I promise."

"Who is she?" She asked.

"A person." Regina and I looked at each other, then made Henry leave. I knew where he was going: to Granny's to get me food that I probably wouldn't eat all of.

"So, have you figured anything out yet?" I asked Regina. She had sat down next to me and put her hand over mine. I know she used to be a "bad guy," but lately she's been one of the nicest people I know. I hope that she gets her happy ending. She looked at Kilian and then back at me.

"There is a way to bring him back, but it's going to require something precious."

"What is it. I would give anything to have him back with me."

"I need another human heart so I can enchant it to be his, except it wouldn't have been hit by a spell from the Wicked Witch."

"So you need someone's living heart."

"That's right." I slid my fingers up into my hair and pulled until it hurt. There was no way I could do this, but it was either that, or lose Kilian for good. "We don't have much time. If he's in this coma for too much longer, he'll slip into it for good." This is probably one of the most impossible decisions, but now I know how Snow felt when she had to choose her mom's life, or another person's life with that candle. Regina shifted a little bit and gave me a hug. "I'll give you some time to think about it, and I'll bring you an apple crisp tomorrow if you want one. Don't worry, I already took the enchantment off our poison apple tree."

"You don't have to do that. Just take care of Henry for me."

"Of course. I would make him an apple crisp but I have a feeling he's lost the taste." She got up and walked toward the door after saying goodbye.

I slid into the bed with Kilian and tucked right in next to him with one hand on his unmoving chest. I ran my finger from his temple to his chin, and traced the scars on his arm, the tattoo that snaked down almost to his wrist. I ran my hand from his chest to his abdomen, and nestled my head right into the crook of his neck. My tears fell onto his shoulder. I don't know how much longer I can take this. I started shaking uncontrollably, clinging to the lifeless body of one of the only things that has brought me real happiness in this world. The only thing I could hear was my own heartbeat and the crashing wind and rain outside. I fell asleep crying in the bed with him and got one of the only full nights of sleep I'd had in a while.