Chapter Seven: Regina's POV

Gold examined the flower, lightly stroking the petals with his thumb, and then he set it down on a gold plate. He did everything in complete silence and concentration. He waved his hands over the flower, and the blossom started to glow a deep purple color from the inside. I sat down by Emma, who seemed to be breathing slower and slower by the minute.
"How long do you think that will take?" I asked him.
"A few minutes."
"You need to hurry."
"I know." Rumple didn't seem in the least bit worried.
Emma's hands were cold, her skin had turned frighteningly pale, and time in between the breath on the inside of the oxygen mask began to lengthen. Finally, Gold finished with the flower. Emma took a breath, and then stopped.
I don't think she's breathing. I panicked. Gold rushed over with the glowing flower that had started letting off a metallic smoke. He ripped off the oxygen mask and held the flower to her nose. She still wasn't breathing. Her only hope was that the smoke would find its way into her lungs by itself. We waited. She wasn't quite dead yet. When I thought all hope was lost, I grabbed her cold hand and cried. Right as Gold sighed and took away the flower, she coughed with a lurch and took her first raspy breath.
"Emma!" She leaned back on the pillow, gasping for breath.
"Am I alive?" She asked. I nodded back. "Where are my parents?" Gold and I looked at each other. "What?"
"Snow is outside, and Charming didn't make it."
"What do you mean 'Charming didn't make it?"
"We all had to go to Wonderland to get a flower to save you, and Charming got hit with a spear."
"So he's dead?"
"I'm afraid so." Gold said for me. I looked down. Why couldn't it have been me? I don't have a family that needs me, or even very close friends. Charming had Emma, Snow, Neal, Henry, and just about the whole town as his friends. I don't have anyone.
"He got hit with a spear, and there was no way to save him?" Emma was in tears.
"There was a special kind of magic on that spear, and he was so close to gone when he got here, there was no way we could have saved him." Emma looked around me, saw his dead body, and started to crawl out of the bed.
"Emma, no...you can't...you have to stay still. You're not strong enough to move around yet!" She stumbled over to Charming and raised shaking hands to her tear-streaked face.
"Dad..." She pulled his jacket away to look at the wound, but quickly put it back and put her trembling hand in his. Not wanting to disturb, I slipped out the back door, shivering from the sudden chill of seeing Emma's devastation.
Suddenly, everything had started to fall apart. Kilian in a coma, Emma recovering from her heart being strangled by me, Charming dead; what could come next? I know what next. I find Robin and make sure he's okay. He had left with Marian for Lord-knows-where, but at this rate, after so many people dying or almost dying...I don't even want to go there. I don't think I could stand losing Robin, even if Marian's still in the picture.
I can't help but wonder if this whole scenario is my fault. It was my sister that took my heart and made me almost kill Emma, my sister that put Kilian in a coma, and me that brought the group to wonderland and didn't even look back when I heard Charming yell. And I sometimes wonder if someone will kill me for revenge, and stop my cursed self from causing more evil.