ONE - DESERVE

ψ

•|i|• Ø i+! ]

•|i|• Ø i+! ].[

Sapnap strums the guitar gently, humming the tune of the new song they're working on. It's all Sapnap's lyrics, his genuine thoughts and feelings, but it's his band's overall sound. It would not be complete without Dream and Quackity; Sapnap isn't one for poems.

Sapnap finishes humming and playing the chorus for the second time. He pauses, staring down at the notepad in front of him. Dream notices his silence as he walks by him. The blond tilts his head slightly and studies him, then he glances to their other band member, Quackity, who's snacking on some chips in the booth. Their eyes meet and Dream motions to Sapnap with his head, making Quackity furrow his eyebrows and glance at Sapnap. He looks back at Dream and shrugs.

Dream sighs and sits beside Sapnap on the mattress of the pull-out couch. He grabs the notepad, causing Sapnap's eyes to widen and for him to let out a small gasp.
"Relax" Dream mumbles, then focuses on the notepad and reads the lyrics. Sapnap watches him read quietly, chewing on his thumbnail nervously as he does so, and waits until he's done to speak.
"It's-" he hesitates. Dream smiles softly, "About him, isn't it?" Sapnap nods, staring at the mattress.
"Yeah, about him. About us" Sapnap confirms. Dream purses his lips, "Why'd you stop?"

Sapnap sighs, running a hand through his short brown hair. His finger gets stuck in a curl at the end, making him sigh in frustration again. He grabs the notepad from Dream and writes something down at the bottom.
"I wanted to put this, but I feel something needs to be before it. I don't know what though" he hands the notepad to Dream. Dream reads it and nods, "Well, I have an idea. I don't know if you'll like it though." Sapnap frowns, "What is it?"

"We could add some synth keys, and maybe record some strums of certain guitar cords. Then, we edit them to our liking and we can put it between that and the second chorus. That, you'll like. This next idea is what I'm worried about" Dream explains.
"Just tell me what it is, please" Sapnap breathes. Dream scratches the back of his neck nervously, "Okay, I remember you've said before that you two used to have a promise that you'd remind each other of. It was for your friendship, and it was like a friendship handshake but in word form? You could add that-"

Sapnap winces, taking back the notepad from Dream. He stares at the empty space between the lyrics and thinks of Dream's idea.
"It could be almost a whisper too, just for the background, y'know, like-" Dream provides, but Sapnap interrupts him.
"Like it was said between just me and him, like it still is" he finishes. Dream sighs, "Yeah, but if you don't like that, we can change it. If he even knows our band, we can change it so he doesn't-"
"Dream, it's okay" Sapnap reassures, smiling softly with thin lips. He rubs a hand over Dream's shoulder soothingly and plops the notepad back down.

"I actually like your idea. I think it suits the song, I mean it is about us. It's a memory, it's what I hold on to after what he said" Sapnap admits. Dream's eyes widen slightly and a small frown forms on his lips.
"Yeah? That's good, that you hold onto the good" Dream stumbles on his words, careful with what he tells Sapnap. Sapnap begins to write down Dream's idea on the notepad and nods his head softly.
"Yeah, I guess so" Sapnap replies.

"I don't know how you do it, I'd hate him with every fiber of my being if that happened" Quackity pipes up. Dream whips his head around and glares at him. Sapnap chuckles, "It's okay, Dream. I get it, yeah, I tried to be. I was a dick to him after that, especially when I saw him at school. I didn't want to show him I was hurting." Dream pats Sapnap's shoulder, "He still does not deserve it."
"He doesn't deserve you at all" Quackity adds. Sapnap sighs and nods.

"Are you going to play the new song at our show in two days? The Charlotte show in North Carolina?" Dream questions, standing up. Sapnap's eyes widen and he shrugs, "Should I? What if it blows up and he sees?" Quackity joins Dream and opens the sliding door to their studio on their tour bus.
"Who cares? What did we just talk about? Lets make a banger and have fun, you deserve this, Sapnap!" Quackity cheers, walking into the studio. Dream beams and motions for Sapnap, "C'mon, you heard the man." Sapnap laughs wholeheartedly and follows him into the studio so they can finish the song.

Written: 1/15-16/22 Words: 804
ITS SI COLD WHY SNOWSTORM WHY

-moon