Chapter 18

This chapter is dedicated to Pari1411 and hersoulsis

Sorry for the late update.

Full on Shivika Chapter

*_*_*

July 19, Wednesday
10:00pm

Rainstorms and cloudbursts were very much famous for bringing a savoury season of budding romance and tender love. But for Annika, this year's rains had brought her a blockbuster season of uncanny situations and troubles. Certainly, that had dropped n number of roadblocks on her path away from Shivaay.

Those roadblocks weren't just put by Shivaay alone. Her destiny itself was siding him, playing a game sitting in opposition to her mind.

So, any of them loses, she loses.

Annika promptly pulled away her hand from his grasp. She stared him, setting her lips in a grim line. She wanted to call him out for over stepping his boundaries. But again, it would be just a mere waste of her energy.

His eyes shrewdly focused on the raindrops that had settled on her long eyelashes, which were surprisingly combed with mascara. Then his magnetic eyes moved a bit below, to her pointed nose, which was silently flaring under the dim street light and heavy rain. In between, he intentionally skipped focusing into her eyes.

As his eyes started their journey more lower, to her cherry red lucious lips, Annika swiftly moved to his right. She tried to make her way back to the hall, but Shivaay smartly blocked her path again.

"Get out of my way, Mr. Oberoi." She snapped.

Raindrops were trailing off their faces, but no one seemed to be bothered about being drenched. From the corner her eye, she saw a couple sitting on the balcony swing. They were watching Shivaay-Annika's smoky interaction with an amused smile.

After few futile attempts to manage the wet and heavy saree while moving past him, Annika stopped fidgeting to either sides of Shivaay. He paused too, copying her, making her hiss.

His shoulders were already squared and he'd raised a taunting eyebrow at her.

What the hell does he want?

The downpour was increasing, disturbing her more than he did. The part of the city they were at was known to be the most flood prone area.

Annika fisted the lower pleats of her saree and tightened the grip of her toes on her slippers. 'You are not allowed to fall', she warned herself before looking up at the dark cloudy sky, letting few cool droplets cool off the tension from her face.

She then watched him stoically unbutton his black blazer. Instead of draping it over her shoulders, he shoved it into her arms.

"Wear it." Shivaay said, eyeing the coat.

Ignoring his words, Annika turned around to face the poorly lit road running in the direction opposite to Shivaay. She started walking with the heavy saree, wordlessly reminding herself of the forest times. She'd crossed the whole Mussoorie jungle alone, just a dark road shouldn't be a big deal.

At least, it was better than having a debate with the master of words.

Are you dropping your weapons even before the war starts?

Yes!

A deep frown tugged over his lips when Shivaay saw her turning her back on him. But he knew why she was doing so.

Running his fingers through his wetlocks, he wordlessly watched her retreating sexy figure, checking out her rear, before something clicked him. Soon, a conceited smile broke on his lips. Stuffing his hands in his pant pockets, Shivaay slowly walked behind her, swaying like a roadside romeo.