Chapter 5

July 17, Monday
6 am

Shivaay woke up by the sound of someone moving around his house soundly and rummaging through everything. His first thought was that some thief entered in, but then there was a cop in house too.

Then he realized that his clumsy ex girlfriend was hurriedly opening and closing the drawers of table in living room. Glancing once at the clock, he got out of his bed and strode out to see what was driving her crazy early in the morning.

"What happened?" He asked groggily as he scanned the whole place, which looks like a tornado had just hit it. Nice way to start a new day for a neat freak, he thought.

Annika, who was startled by this sudden appearance, dropped the files in her hand. Picking up the files, she found his eyeing the surrounding with disapproval. Immediately, she pushed the files back into the respective drawer and slammed it shut.

"I lost my watch." She explained in low voice. Walking to the couch, she picked up the pillows lying around and placed them properly.

Shivaay frowned. She had no reason to mess up the place for her watch, especially the drawers, since it wasn't like her watch got legs and walked itself inside the drawers to save itself from it's master's torture. Then he realized, it wasn't any other watch she was wearing but her mother's. Guessing Annika's dull posture, Shivaay understood that she hasn't found if yet.

"Don't worry, I'll clean up this place." Annika mentioned in monotone and started restoring the things in their original place.

Shivaay wanted to say 'its okay' but stopped himself. She had to understand that his neat-freak-ness wasn't something he loved to compromise with or better say his ego didn't let him to compromise.

Shivaay stood at the same place silently, recalling the moments of previous day, to find where she might have dropped her watch.

"Your watch might have dropped in that apartment, where you accidentally hit your wrist." Shivaay mentioned. Annika closed her eyes, recreating the situation of that moment and then it clicked to her that he was indeed right.

"Right. I'll call Kabir and ask if he saw it." Annika said gleefully and rushed back to her room. She was relieved that her watch could be located.

"What's so good about him that made her smile?" Shivaay mumbled under his breath. A dry chuckle left his lips when his eyes landed on the messy surrounding. He walked to the other side of the room and pushed opened the long brown curtains, to let the sunshine fall in.

Before he could make his way to the table below the flat screen LED television to adjust the things, Annika hurriedly came back and asked him to let her clean the mess. She suggested him to freshen up and started setting the misplaced things in an orderly manner.

That's when Shivaay noticed that she was already in her high waist jeans and plain full sleeved shirt, ready for her first day of work. He said nothing, but watched her for few more moments before departing off to his room.

*_*

Annika had realized that she'd lost her watch when she was buttoning the sleeves of her shirt. Last night, she'd received a mail from her senior, DCP Vijay Sawant to report at seven in morning.

Her efforts of turning the whole spare room she was temporarily living in upside down to find her watch went in vain. So her next target was living room. But she got the real help from Shivaay and immediately called Kabir without caring about that fact that it was just six in morning and that unlike her, some people loved to spent their early morning in bed.

Still, Kabir had received her call and replied an 'I don't know' to her question, further offered to drop by department office and give her the keys which she accepted. After that her subconscious mind reminded her that she still had to clear up the living room so she hurried back made Shivaay leave.