Chapter 4

July 16, Sunday
6 pm

"I don't understand why you are not agreeing to live as a tenant at my place." Shivaay mused, as he practically shoved Annika's suitcase in his car's boot. As Annika promised, she won the match and was now going to Gauri's place. But before that, both of them were going to check out the new place she had been planning to rent.

"I don't wanna annoy you with my living habits. See how considerate I am?" Annika reminded him the demerits of living with her as she clasped the seatbelt. In reality, both of them were aware of the fact that Annika wasn't ready to move in because she wasn't sure of what could happen if she lives with him.

Shivaay got in and shut the door with a bang. He twisted the key, turning the engine on and pressed on the accelerator.

"You and considerate, how ridiculous." Shivaay mocked her, making her narrow her eyes on him. He didn't even tried a bit to hide his displeasure in her departure.

Annika didn't knew how she would explain it to Shivaay that she'd rather see the face of a stranger every morning instead of his and endure that awkward silence. At least, she could tell the stranger to stay away from her business.

"You just concentrate on driving. Take a left turn from next signal." She guided him. Annika was one of those people who knew most of the parts of the city as the back of their palm. So she believed that she could guide him better than the GPS.

Shivaay stayed silent, listening to her directions and thinking about the different ways to stop her from going to Gauri's place. For once, he even thought of calling Omkara and asking him to move in with Gauri. They were going to get married anyway. But then, he knew that both if them won't agree.

"How's your father and Dadi?" Annika asked, remembering the two elders who had stood by her side many times whenever she needed them. Tej and Janhvi had always considered her as their eldest daughter in law. Unfortunately, Janhvi passed away just before they got into relationship.

"They are good, no actually, they are very happy after hearing from the Sharma's. Gauri must have told you about their engagement planning." Shivaay said.

If everything would've been normal between them, then it would've been them being engaged or even married. Shivaay had clearly planned one thing, once they get back together, he won't wait for long time but will marry here soon as possible. He had let her go once, and that won't happen again.

But at first, he had to stop her from leaving his house.

Annika, on the other hand was thinking about Shivaay's offer to live as his tenant. According to her, it was tough. She agreed that they were talking to each her as normally they would, but still there was an air of awkwardness between them and it made her hard to breathe freely.

This is what you get for living with your ex boyfriend whom you still love.

Isn't that's the reason why I'm trying to go away?

But that decision can't be made by only you if he's in love with you too.

Only if he wasn't things would've been so easier.

In a relationship, you don't have the rights to make decisions for both of you alone only to make things seems easier. Whatever you do considering your relationship, should be a decision of both.

Shivaay parked his car at some distance away from the gate. It was complex of just three buildings, with seven floors each.

Both of them got off the car and walked to the gate. There was a watchman sitting on a plastic chair near to the gate, who let them walk in directly, without any inquiry.