You Said To Never Keep Secrets!

" I'm sorry to say this, but your grandmother has been telling us to keep this from you girls, and frankly, we can not do this anymore, your family has been coming to this hospital for as long as I can remember, and it isn't right to keep informing as important as this from the only family Sakura has left since kagome disappeared. He said solemnly.

Kaoru looked at kaori with a confused look on her face.

" What are you talking about Dr. Takahashi, what's going on with my obaasan? " Kaoru asked worriedly.

" She... She has cancer." Dr. Takahashi said sadly.

The girls heard the doctor, but, the words weren't processing right, their obaasan, who is the nicest woman in the world, the woman who thinks of everyone before she thinks of herself, the woman who gave up her life, just to raise them, has been suffering with this horrible disease without anyone but herself and the doctors knowing.

Kaoru's heart skipped a beat, and her eyes started to water up.

" No." Kaoru whispered to herself.

Kaori looked back at her sister and saw that she had her head down, her bangs shadowing her eyes, she had her hands balled up on each side in a tight fist as a line tear strolled down her face and dripped to the ground.

" No!" Kaoru yelled as she looked up at the doctor, her eyes flooding with tears. " That's a lie! S-she would have told us, she wouldn't keep a secret like this from us, would she?" Kaoru said more to herself than anyone else.

" Your grandmother has been fighting this sickness for a very long time, way before you two were born, she didn't tell anyone, not even your mother or your uncle, she said that she didn't want anyone to stress over it, she just wanted everyone to stay happy." Said the doctor.

More tears sprang to kaoru's eyes, her heart pounded faster and faster.

" She had to suffer through this alone, no one knew about it and she had to suffer alone." Kaoru covered her mouth with her hand as more tears fell, and in the speed of light, she turned around and ran out of the hospital.

" Kaoru!" Kaori shouted after her sister.

Kaori ran to the hospital doors, seeing her sister retreating back disappearing into the night.

Kaoru's Pov

"This isn't fair, obaasan doesn't deserve this." I thought myself as I continued to run to my destination, tears streaming down my face as the wind whips my hair in all kinds of directions.

When I arrive at my destination, I walked up the long flights of stairs, when I got to the top, all of my emotions hit me all at once.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! " I screamed out, hoping it would take all of my emotions with it, but unfortunately, it didn't. "

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed out again, while falling to my knees, tears streaming down my face.

" Why is my family plagued with misfortune?! Why do we have to suffer like this?! " I screamed to the sky. " First my mother is stripped out of my life, now your taking away my obaasan?! What did our family ever do to you?!" I screamed up at the sky again.

I've tried to hold everything in, I've tried to never think of the negative things, I always try to stay positive and keep a smile on my face, but I can't do that right now, I feel like I'm slowly loosing my mind.

I stood up off of the ground, tears springing to my eyes once again, as I made my way to to the forbidden shrine, I threw the doors open and walked down the stairs, I walked over to the lifeless well and stared down into it, my mind flashing back to seeing my mother cutting the vine as the man with the white hair grabbed her, I remember screaming and crying for mother to return to us, but it never happened.