Chapter 2:

Chapter 2

Rocky squirmed and screeched like a 5 year old as a growing impatient CeCe tugged and twisted her brown locks. "God Rocky! Sit STILL!" CeCe tugged forcefully once more. "Ow!" Rocky vociferated. "That hurts!" She emphasized. "Deal with it. Beauty is pain, my darling." CeCe stated. "Now I'm almost done" CeCe said smoothing out the ends. Thank GOD!" Rocky murmured. *Sh-Sh-Shake it up! You gotta change it up!"* Rocky pulled out her phone from her pocket. Looking at it longingly she pleaded with CeCe. "It's Harrison! Please can I answer it!" Looking into Rocky's hopeful brown eyes she gave in. "Fine." "Oh thanks eep!" Smiling at her bestie's giddiness, CeCe placed the comb on the counter as Rocky answered the waiting call. "Should I put it on speaker?" Rocky mouthed to the girl behind her. CeCe nodded violently signalling "YES!" Rocky clicked the speaker symbol on her iPhone and Harrison's voice filled the currently void bathroom. "Hey babe I miss you! How's it going?" Rocky giggled. "Good you?" "Ah, the usual. My roommate is always leaving mouldy leftover Chinese in our fridge. I had quite a dose of food poisoning the other day. Dumb ass." He cursed his nasty roommate. "Aww honey are you ok!?" Rocky asked her voice dripping with concern. Harrison chuckled at his girlfriend's mothering instincts. "Yea sweets I'm fine no need to worry." Harrison verified. Rocky giggled once again. "Good!" She said relieved. "Now listen, I have a surprise for you." The Martinez look a like said. "What is it?" Rocky asked, her voice full of hope. CeCe gave her a thumbs up along with a huge smile; which Rocky returned. The bathroom atmosphere was thick with anticipation. Rocky gripped the white porcelain counter as she waited. "I'm coming down this weekend! To Darren's party! I'm getting on the plane now!" Harrison waited on the other line for his significant other's reaction. Rocky was speechless. She couldn't believe he would come all this way. For her. "Who set this all up?" She finally managed. "CeCe." He answered. She could practically see her beau smiling through the phone. "CeCe!!!! Rocky engulfed the surprised red head in a hug. "I can't believe you would do this for me! I love you so much!" Rocky yelled and jumped for joy. She began to cry. "Aw Rocky are you crying!?" CeCe asked and began to wipe her tears. "Maybe.... Rocky admitted sheepishly. It's because I'm happy!" She reached out for CeCe once again. CeCe took her blubbering friend in her arms. Harrison, whom was silent throughout this exchange, chuckled. "Look Rocky Boo I have to go but I'll talk to you as SOON as I get of the plane." Harrison assured her. Rocky separated from CeCe and took her phone in her trembling hands. Ok Harry Berry. I love you. She blew a kiss into the receiver. I love you too!" and with that he hung up.