Chapter 1

The story setting is in Philippines. My origin is in Manila while she is in Cebu. Let's keep her name as Mia. She's shy, she always hide herself in her room like a snail and she doesn't want to be forced. Considering manila and cebu are far enough for a better communication, so we move in and live in Cebu for good. As I said, our parents are childhood friends. They like to be close with each other. Same thing with me. I wanted to be close to her even though its hard to do. Our house is only miles away. I can walk from where I am right now to her house. They lived in a villa near Bankal, Lapu-Lapu. It is called Camella Homes. And I in the same thing also live in Camella Homes Bankal, Lapu-Lapu City.

I can take my bike if I want to, but momma says biking for me is dangerous until I reach the age 15 and unless I have someone to go with around the villa. And besides, momma says walking is a good exercise! And if momma who's were talking now, I can't insist.

I knock in their house trying to calm my nerve from trembling. Its weird, I don't know why. I'm not like this usually when I visit my girl friends, just now. When the door swung open, Mr. Willow appear. He's taller than I thought. Maybe I'm just a height in his belly fats. He's huge and has a mustache and a beard around like Santa's. Exactly like Santa's I suppose.

"Good evening Mr. Willow, how are u?" I ask him with a smile.

"Hello Clark, what are u doing here this late?" He ask.

"Is that how u reply sir? When I ask you a question, your reply is a question too?" This time I raise one of my eyebrow with a confusing face.

He then burst out laughing. "Hohohoho. Come on in boy, your mother might bring a pistol around my house to kill me if I ignore you."

I smile then slowly step forward in their living room. This isn't my first time in this house, but its still feels like new and boring.

When I got into their living room, my eyes suddenly catch a girl sitting in the dining table chewing her food and head down. Until my eyes met her. Now, we have this eye contact I can't explain.

She suddenly smile at me. And my heart, its pumping blood 69× than its normal weight. After that I just caught myself smiling while Mr. Willow handed me a plate..

To be continued.