Prologue: Sacrafice

The axe fell.

Tommy choked.

Tubbo screamed.

Dream shouted.

Tommy looked up at Tubbo, who stood before him, tears rolling down the ex-president's cheeks. Blood filled Tommy's mouth and dripped down his chin, Dream's netherite axe lodged deeply in his back.

Dream himself was surprised. He had wanted to kill his pawn. Instead, he had sacrificed his king peice. He withdrew the axe and Tommy sank to the floor.

Tommy was dead.

Dream covered his mouth with his hand. Everything he had worked for... it all crumbled before his eyes.

Tubbo.

Dream turned toward his other captive, but Tubbo was already running for the portal. Dream ran after him. Tubbo was his only hope. He would make that pawn a king. But he had to catch him.

Tubbo ran through the Nether, any tears on his face evaporating in the scorching air.

"Oh Tubboooo!" Dream called in a syrupy sweet tone behind him. Tubbo panted heavily, sweat running down his face as he climbed over ledges of netherack and dodging patches of soul-sand.

Dream was getting closer.

Tubbo looked down at his bound wrists. He could go faster if he weren't tied up. He brought his hands up to any sharp surface he passed, hoping to scratch the rope away, but it only let Dream get even closer.

He tripped on a loose stone, falling into a large patch of soul-sand. Instantly, ghostly arms reached up and latched onto his skin and clothes, pulling him down.

Dream walked up to the struggling child slowly, relishing the moment. The boy was at his mercy. "Y'know, Tubbo, the thing about me is that I make a lot of mistakes the first time. I underestimated Tommy, went easy on him. He was one of my less perfect puppets. But you... a strong, fresh, untainted soul, full of anger and innocence. You're a perfect vessel. With a bit of breaking and building, you could be the greatest weapon on the server. I admit, I'd go back to Tommy any day... such a broken kid, I only need to nudge him along. But I can use you. What do you say?"

Tubbo unleashed a string of curses, but a soul covered his face and pulled him down harder, so his words were muffled. Dream looked at him with fake sadness. "I'm hurt, Tubs. Now c'mon I'm gonna get you out of this trap and we can start your training." He reached down and grabbed the boy roughly by the collar, lifting him out of the sand and pulling him away from the hands. He held Tubbo over his head, watching with amusement as the boy struggled. "Nowhere to run, Tub-"

Dream screamed in agony as an arrow hit its mark in his eye. He dropped Tubbo, who landed inches from the sand.

Dream pulled out the arrow, revealing a bloodshot eye, and lunged for the boy-

"Get away from him."

Sapnap pressed his sword against Dream's throat. Behind him stood the entire server, all armed and ready to protect Tubbo. Dream sighed. There was no getting out of this. He raised his arms in surrender. Sam and Sapnap stepped forward, binding Dream's hands and leading him away from the crowd and toward the portal highway. The rest surrounded Tubbo, bombarding him with questions.

Tubbo could only answer one.

"Where's Tommy?" Puffy asked

Tubbo said nothing. He just grabbed her sleeve and pulled her towards the portal that led to Dream's base, but when he got there, the base was empty.

All the items Dream had stolen were still there, but Tommy was not. All that showed his presence earlier was a puddle of blood. Tubbo fell to his knees, crying out. Puffy kneeled next to him, pulling him into her chest and wrapping her arms around. Everyone stood in silence as the boy screamed.

Tommy was gone.

***

Two minutes earlier...

Tommy sat there, watching his blood drain from him and onto a puddle on the floor. He was dying, and nobody was there to help him. He didn't care. At least Tubbo was able to escape. The boy would have a chance of surviving, at least.

Tommy closed his eyes. Here it went... his last canon life. At least he would see Wilbur again... maybe the sane version...

A hand slid under his stomach and pushed up. Tommy coughed a mouthful of blood out. A blurry face came into view...

A giant piglin, bigger than Techno, stared at him. Tommy gaped at the monster, who pulled him into a sitting position and reached into a backpack, pulling out a potion and bringing it to Tommy's lips. Tommy whipped his head away before he could drink it. The piglin sighed, pressing Tommy's head against its knee and pinched the boy's nose. Tommy held his breath, but not for long. He opened his mouth for a quick breath-

The piglin forced the potion into Tommy's mouth, and slowly massaged his throat so he would swallow. Tommy closed his eyes tightly as the bitter liquid traveled down his throat and into his stomach.

Suddenly he felt dizzy, tired... his eyelids felt heavy as he drifted in and out of consciousness. He could feel himself being lifted off the ground, and voices as he was carried into the portal and away into the Nether.

"We've been looking for you, Prince. I wished we didn't have to find you in this condition."

The voice faded away, and Tommy was asleep.