Prison

Tommy awoke early, setting out to explore the SMP. He opened the door of Tubbo's Snowchester home and walked outside.

Immediately, a blast of cold air hit the man, and he hurried back inside, slamming the door behind him. Standing there, shivering with cold, he thought over his options. Finally, after a while, he crept down to Tubbo and Ranboo's room and snuck into their closet, borrowing one of Ranboo's heavy woolen coats. Then he set out towards the ice bridge.

By the time he was back in the real server, most people were out and about.

Tommy walked along the Prime Path, excited to be on it again. It had been years, and he was glad to know that it hadn't changed much, besides two or three new additions. He grabbed breakfast at a new bakery (run by Niki) and began to talk to passerby.

One new member caught his eye while he was talking with Eret.

"Hey, Eret, who's she?" Tommy pointed to a small girl tending to a swarm of cats that followed her. Her strawberry blonde hair was tied back in a loose ponytail, and she wore denim overalls and a pastel yellow shirt.

"Her?" Eret asked. "That's the newest member. Her name, ironically, is Clementine."

Tommy watched as the girl passed by him, smiling at the pair as she went. "I gotta talk to her sometime," he mumbled. Eret smiled slyly.

"Ooooh, Tommyyyyy..." Tommy rolled his eyes at his friend as he walked away.

The sun was high in the sky as he reached the end of the Prime Path and stepped onto the sandy beach that separated him from the ocean. A large building towered over him, easily one of the biggest structures on the SMP. When he asked what it was, he found out it was Pandora's Vault, the most secure prison on the SMP. it was run by Sam, the prison warden. Tommy didn't get information on who was in it, so he decided to find out for himself.

***

Sam looked up from his desk as Tommy walked in. He pulled off glasses, making sure he was seeing things correctly. "Tommy? What are you doing here?"

"I wish to see one of the prisoners. I want to know about the prison more, and I think it would be best if I started with living conditions."

Sam looked guilty. "Tommy... we only have one prisoner... and I don't think you want to visit him."

Tommy cocked his head. "How so?"

"Well, you see, the one prisoner we have is..." Sam faltered.

"Spit it out, Sam. Whoever it is, I'm ready for them."

Sam shook his head. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you. If you're ready for anyone, I guess you should just see for yourself."

Tommy raised his eyebrow, but nodded.

***

After dozens of security measures, Tommy finally stood before the cell. He watched as the lava slowly descended, revealing a heavily guarded cell in the middle of a large, empty room. He couldn't see the inmate, but he stepped onto the bridge nevertheless.

"Ready? Remember to walk with the bridge," Sam instructed. Tommy nodded.

Pistons moved below him, and he slowly walked forward, along the chasm. The closer he got, the more nervous he became.

As he stepped of the bridge and into the cell, he finally caught a glimpse of the prisoner. He had dirty blonde hair and an orange outfit. His arms were bandaged and his hands and feet were scarred. His face was hidden by his growing hair. When he turned, Tommy could see something he never thought he'd see again.

A mask.

A smile.

"Hello, Tommy," Dream said.

Sry for the short chapter, I'll make the next one longer if I can.