Let It Out (Triplets)

I'm sad and in a mood for angst, so here you go.

Prompt: I saw a tik tok in which the triplets got in a fight and Bruno let out some emotions and stuff that he was holding down. The triplets are 20 in this one-shot, so none of them have kids yet.

Trigger warning: mentions of su+cide and sh, anxiety

Ik this might be redundant, but if any of these topics trigger you, please don't read this chapter. I don't want you to be triggered. Read at your own risk.

....

"What is your problem, Bruno," Pepa yelled. The triplets were all standing in the open room of the casita. Alma was standing off to the side, looking between her three children, unsure of what to do. She had been preparing food for the evening when she'd heard Bruno's voice and then Pepa snapping at him angrily. 

"I don't get why you're so angry, Pepa," Bruno responded, trying to keep his emotions in check. Especially with his entire family in the room. "You asked me a question and I answered. I did what you asked of me and now you're angry with me."

"Guys," Julieta tried to diffuse the situation, a hand on her sister's shoulder and another hand reaching for her brother. "Maybe we should all just take a step back and take a breath."

"Why can't you ever just see something good, Bruno," Pepa ignored her sister and shouted at her brother. Immediately, Pepa wished she could take those words back, but words are like bullets. Once they're fired you can't take them back.

Bruno's eyes widened and then narrowed in anger. "You seriously think I have any control over what I see, Pepa? You think I want to see all the misfortune coming into people's lives?"

Alma's shoulders tensed and she stepped forward, trying to help her eldest daughter diffuse the situation. "I'm sure that's not what she meant, hijo."

"Then what did she mean," he asked, his hands shaking at his side. "What? That I'm a bad omen? I can't control the future, Pepa! I just see it!"

"Bruno--" Pepa tried to mend the wound she knew she'd inflicted on her brother, but he kept talking.

"You think I want this? I would rather have a storm cloud over my head all day than not be able to walk outside without people whispering nasty things about me simply because of my so called gift or have to tell someone that his mother is too sick for Julieta's food to heal her and that she's gonna die at the end of the week. It's not exactly a great experience." He took a step towards his sisters, his mother also talking a small step towards him. 

Bruno didn't express his emotions very often, much to his mother's chagrin. It wasn't healthy to keep all of this thoughts and feelings bottled up inside, and it seemed like it was all coming out at once, just like Alma had warned her son many times when he was a teenager.

"I hate this gift! I hate people asking me to see into their future and then them blaming me when it doesn't go how they wanted it--even when it's still a good prophecy! Honestly, sometimes I wish I was dead!"

Just as Pepa did when she'd sparked the fuse,  Bruno immediately regretted saying what he had said. The four of them collectively sucked in a breath. Pepa's fists were balled and shaking as she processed the youngest triplet's confession, Julieta's hands flew to her mouth and her eyes widened in shock, and Alma stepped towards her son with her hand on her chest, trying to calm her racing heart. Bruno took a nervous step back and stuttered as he tried to recover from the explosion he'd just let out.

"I-I didn't mean that," he stammered. "I don't know why I said that. I shouldn't have said that."

"Brunito," Alma reached for her son, but he reeled back and ran to his room, slamming the door behind him.