-chapter 7-

en garde

The San voice had knocked me out cold, body numb and cold from the floor. Everything I could see was darkness. My conscious sitting a seat looking at a man.

My eyes began to open wide as the man crouched holding my knee. I moved my knee, feeling uncomfortable that this stranger is touching me and having me in this seat. I start to feel my body again, but I knew I was unconscious. The man was pushed back and stood up, walking towards a table. I yelled at him as my voice echoed. "Hey, tell me what all off this is!! Hey...Help...HEELPP-" This man teleported towards me with a blue aura around them. "Please. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm going to help you...please. I want to help you." The man cut me off and spoke with sincerity in his voice, begging for me to listen. Just like H. I lowered my voice and asked him to explain what this was about. He replied with. "You know who I am, San, right? And you are Alice? The Alice. The one who saved us from her."

This again

"Yes! again..." My mouth opened wide as San spoke to me. "I'm your head remember. Look they're not coming back for a while and within that time, I can help you understand some things." I didn't know what to say or even think. I thought about how there are more than one San and asked him who he really was. "So, there is version of San that is not like Ateez's San but like a Hala/Mafia version, but you are his voice?? How does that work?" My confused self sits holding my head.

"I am San. I used to work for a guy named Mercer. He controlled me using his fancy gadgets and somehow I ended up on the bad side, becoming this guy's ultimate weapon." He takes a big breath and says this, "We are the ones who cause destruction in Wonderland. W-We couldn't stop because of the dragon getting into my head and using me for my strength." My head became puzzled as I took the information in. "Yes there are more versions of me. There was one where we all are K-pop idols and danced to music, me however, I was basically a super solider...working for Seonghwa's Dad." "Seonghwa's Dad? Mercer right? You said his name earlier." "Correct. Look, with all that said, my version of San is a little bit crazy. This chip inside my head or in my psychical body, created voices by the gang Mercer was the boss of. Ahhh...How do I say this..." He paused, thinking at the words. "I have two versions of me right. There's me, innocent and nice, but then there's evil, killer San. The one who looked at you, outside of the theatre, was me. But the one who walked in with the others wasn't...if that makes sense." My puzzled conscious looked at him. I understood where he was coming from. "But how did you get into my head-" As I spoke my eyes were filled with voices of San and flashbacks through his eyes. I wasn't scared or worried, but I was surprised...

"Y-Y-You-you...you were..." I stuttered as the memories come to me. "8 men... Black outfits with wide brimmed hats, masks and chains. You pulled the gun out on that woman? Didn't you?" My eyes turned to normal as I saw him sitting down on the ground. This San was so pure but how could he have done that. "So, you're saying that evil San...Would of-" I covered my mouth as I choke up tears. I realised that this San might have save himself from so much trouble. In comfort, San crouched to me and wrapped his arms around my body. I could feel his warm hands grasped my back as I laid my head softly onto his shoulder. I didn't understand what was happening. It was like an acid trip on mushrooms, or something had just gone totally insane. I wrapped my hands around his back and could feel his soft, fluffy hair, brush against my neck as I feel comforted. I let him go and wiped my tears from my cheek. San comforted by asking, "You ok?" I give him a soft nod. "I remember feeling like that when I felt stuck. Even though I did things that were out of my control, I did them. I regret those decisions but... It was something out of my control. If I wasn't there to help this cruel San then things may have gotten worst. This isn't any of our faults. This is something we all didn't want. It just got out of her control, something she couldn't fight off." As he speaks his words, I listen for the information that might help me in the future. "Everything is still confusing. I have so many questions, but I don't understand one. What's with me being 'The Alice?'" San jumped up out of his sitting position and began to explain. "You Alice, fought the dragon before Wonderland fell. I don't remember much of the event because we didn't exist. She told us the tale when we trained. And that's what I planned on doing now. Training you to fight like you did all those years ago. I'm sure you remember some moves." San smirked as he chucked a dagger my way. As I catch the dagger, I began to explain. "No...I don't. I don't remember fighting anyone. Especially a dragon. Shit... I barely knew how to defend myself a moment ago. That was purely a fluke." As San walked towards me, he held out a selection of knifes, ranging from longer more handheld ones to throwing daggers. "Use these as a starter. You need to understand when to use each one and how to use them." This felt wrong in a way. I am going to have to fight against her...but it feels so, so wrong. "Is this going to lead me to fighting her?" I question San. " Most likely. However, there is us first. Mafiateez. You don't know too much about them but I'm sure H explained who we are briefly." I remember the smallest details about who they're alternative selves were. They were nothing like the real idols themselves. I repeated the words that H said to me to the San figure in front of me, my hands shaking as I looked at the knifes. San crossed his arms and sigh heavily. "Right. So, you know what we can do, our skills and old occupations but nothing else. That's pretty much all you need for now, let's begin with training." I nodded in respect and listened to his words as he spoke.