Chapter Forty-Five

Lovely. Why would somebody who just got kidnapped need to rest? Or eat?

The police decided it would be just perfect to take advantage of their 24-hour questioning custody. As soon as I arrived back home, on one of the most traumatic weeks of my life, the police had me.

Three different officers alternated questioning me. I could have called for a lawyer, and gone home. But I was hoping that if I got it over in one day, I could just never hear it again.

I should have used a lawyer. It was literal and utter hell. In the past two days, I had slept a total of one time and eaten a total of zero times. I felt weak and helpless. Not the best mood to be accused of the most random things.

The three officers (Zagnword, Tanaka, and Ueno) alternated every half hour. Zagnword was a part of the international hero force. She seemed to be the nicest. She would ask me how I felt and the more emotional side of it, while Tanaka and Ueno would treat me like a criminal. I was a part of the league in their eyes, the reason this all happened. I made the mistake of asking Tanaka to bring me some water. He glared at me, telling me that that was a sign of guilt. Which wasn't too off-base, my mother being with All For One, but they didn't know that. And for some reason, I didn't feel the need to tell them. They would probably arrest me on the spot.

After twenty-four more hours of being held against my will, with no food or sleep, I was finally released. As I was waiting in the station's lobby, Katsuki walked out of the questioning room next to mine. He seemed just as groggy as me, though he held a muffin in his hand.

He looked up after a second and saw me. He smiled sleepily, shuffling over.

He dropped into the seat next to me, grabbing my hand. It felt so nice and safe.

The last thing I remember was my father picking me up out of the chair and putting me in Mr. Daichi's car. But, I'm pretty sure that was a dream.

I woke up at four o'clock in the afternoon the next day.

I wonder why I woke up because I still feel exhausted. As I become orientated with the world again, I realize my phone is buzzing. When it shuts off, I check it to find seventeen missed calls from Izuku. My phone lit up again, a funny photo of Izuku pulsing. What was wrong?

I answered the video call. He stared at his screen anxiously for a second before he realized I picked up.

"Koyasu! Why haven't you been answering?" He demanded, tapping his phone quickly.

"'Cause I was asleep?" I answered, rolling over I'm my bed. If it was anybody else, I would be thinking about how I looked. Sleeping for an entire day probably didn't look good. But it was just Izuku. He didn't care.

"For thirty-three hours?"

"Do you think I slept great in a villain's lair?" I growled at him, sitting up. My entire body was sore.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Was there a reason you were calling me?"

"Not really. I was originally calling to see if you were okay, but then you didn't answer so many times. So I got nervous."

As he spoke, I got up and went into my bathroom. I was a mess. But, I've restored myself from worse. I let Izuku get all of his talking and ranting (his mom grounded him for putting himself in danger! How dumb is that??) while I took a dry shower. I washed my entire body with rags, then started with my hair. I honestly can't comprehend how Katsuki ever decided to like this...

A flutter went off in my stomach. Katsuki... likes... me.

I giggled to myself, drawing Izuku's attention.