Summer

Malikah

I glance at Cal from the corner of my eye. He's near me on the couch, almost close enough for our arms to touch. I can feel the static charge between us. It's thrilling, scary, magnetic.

As subtly as I can, I ease my body towards him, millimeters at a time. Just as my skin brushes his, his whole body jerks, and his eyes fly towards me. I quickly focus my gaze on the TV, trying for a neutral, bored, innocent look. It must work, because after a second, his head also turns towards the TV, and he not-as-subtly moves a few inches away from me. If I didn't know he liked me back, I would take it as a sign to back off. Since I know he does like me too, well...

I shift again, moving steadily towards him, and again Cal scoots away. We continue this little dance for several minutes, until Cal is eventually pressed against the arm of the couch.

With a smirk, I drift towards him again. Nowhere to run.

I let my hand fall against his leg, and I feel the jolt that travels through his body. I would call it surprise or shock, but when I look at him, he's blushing.

I smile, "Good show tonight, huh?"

"Uh, yeah. I-I'm going to go take a shower."

He's almost to the bathroom before I holler, "Think of me."

I giggle as he runs into the wall. He looks back at me, face blazing, mouth open like he wants to say something, but in the end, he gives up and walks into the bathroom.

The door shuts, locks, and then the shower turns on.

"Should I feel offended?" I call, and I feel a hint of embarrassment waft under the door.

I pick up the remote and flip through shows. Nothing seems even remotely interesting until I see an old man reading a book to a sick child.

"Eeeeeh!" I screech happily, turning up the volume and settling in for my favorite rom-com.

"Is that your Princess Bride screech?" Cal calls from the bathroom.

"You know it!" I agree.

Silence, and then – "I'll be out in ten minutes."

"Don't give yourself carpal tunnel!" I call.

More embarrassment.

"He'll get used to me," I assure myself.

Then, to my surprise, a hint of amusement tangles with the embarrassment, and I grin. I guess I didn't just lie to myself after all.

***

Cal

I'm not going to survive Malikah flirting with me. She's so... forward. She knew exactly why I wanted to take a shower and wouldn't even pretend otherwise.

I can't help it though. She drives my needs beyond normal limits. She makes me crazy, especially now that she's started teasing me, touching me... touching herself before I get home.

The first time was the day after I asked to her to be my girlfriend.

I came home from Warrior's conditioning, and the entire house smelled of her arousal—and not just arousal, but something more, something fuller. Somehow, I recognized the smell without ever having been introduced to it. The understanding was elemental, primal.

Her release.

I immediately bypassed her and went to the shower.

I had nearly spent myself when I heard footsteps stop at the bathroom door. My hand stilled, and I waited for her to leave. She did—but not before she whispered, "I was thinking of you the entire time."