CHAPTER 2

It was almost the ceremony and Y/N went back to the house to change into a better outfit for the ceremony. The ceremony isn't about them or anything but they still wanted to look for their best. Y/N was sure this is probably their first time attending a ceremony. They also hope to see Mirabel somewhere in the ceremony too. Even though its been hours, Y/N misses their sketchbook. It has all the bunch of things that they drew. They also grew attached to it too. Y/N sigh as they saw many citizens walk out of their home and head to the Casita through their house window. (M/N) came downstairs after she's done selecting her outfit.

"Are we ready?" (M/N) asked her child. Y/N turned to look at their mom and smiled brightly. "Yes we are." Y/N said. They both get up and walked out of the house together. Y/N and their mom can see the Casita shines brightly from the distance with all the light decorations that they put up on it. Lots of people were chattering. Some are wondering what the gift will be and some are excited. Y/N is excited too. As they made it to the Casita. The place was crowded. Y/N and their mom blended in with the crowd and waited for the ceremony to begin. Y/N was wondering who could be getting their gift tonight. Y/N never met them. Y/N look through the crowd to see if there's any familliar faces and there's isn't. Not even their friends is here. Their friends probably thought that its not that important as it got nothing to do with them.

But it'll be fun to attend it though? Y/N sigh for the one hundredth time today. Y/N got bored waiting so they decided to look around the Casita. They could see a few doors glowing on the second floor and a glowing candle at the top window. That must be the miracle that they're talking about, Y/N thought. After a while, the Madrigals gathered at the top of the stairs. One elder woman was holding the miracle candle on her hand. The others thats with her must be part of the Madrigals but where is Mirabel? That's what make Y/N thought. A realization hit Y/N. Mirabel never really told Y/N what her gift was. Y/N might have to ask later on if they ever met Mirabel again.

The elder woman began to speak about how they have this miracle years ago and that they'll use it to help the town. The curtain then open up by itself to reveal a small boy. He looks nervous. He looks behind the stage and held out his hand to somebody. It only took a while for that person to come out. It was Mirabel. Mirabel hesitantly took his hand and walk him up the stairs. The elder woman seems to be worried. Its like as if this wasn't suppose to happen. Y/N watch as they go up to the unlit door. The elder woman said something to the little boy and the boy slowly walk to the door. Once he touch the doorknob, the door starts glowing.

Everybody was shocked and happy. Y/N was shocked too. "So this is how the gift was given." Y/N thought. A toucan fly onto the small boy's arm and he understood what its saying. Just then, a bunch of other animals came through above and through the door of the Casita. They all went to the little boy. The little boy's door opened and inside, reveal a whole other place. Everybody was in awe. "Its bigger on the inside?!" The little boy exclaimed. Everybody went in to take a closer look. Y/N and their mom went in too. Their both shocked as they have never seen anything like it. Everybody was fascinated.

After the madrigals took a photo with the little boy, Y/N noticed that Mirabel was not in the photo. Y/N sort of sensed that something is not quite right. Mirabel IS a part of the madrigals right? Y/N thought for a moment. Then, they decided to held a party in the little boy's room. They got snacks and drinks ready. "Come on Y/N! Why don't you go and have some fun? I'll be right here if you need anything." (M/N) said and ushered Y/N to party a little bit. "uhm, alright." Y/N said and went to the drink stand. Y/N got themself a grape juice and chug it down. Y/N watch as everybody was having fun. Y/N doesn't really know how to dance or party. They kinda spend their whole life painting and drawing. They never really find anything new to do. Y/N awkwardly drinks their' grape juice until Mirabel burst through the door and inform everybody about how the miracle is dying.

Everybody went silent and the elder woman ask Mirabel to show her. Everybody went out. Y/N went to meet up with their mom. The elder woman look around the Casita and there wasn't any cracks anywhere. Everybody was confuse. Mirabel tried to explain that there was cracks just a few seconds ago but the elder woman interrupted her. "Don't worry everybody, the magic is fine! We're all good!" The elder woman reassured the crowd. Everybody went back in to continue to party and Y/N stood outside the door. "Aren't you going back in?" (M/N) asked Y/N. "I'm good. I just realized I got something important to do." Y/N explained to their mom. "Oh, alright." (M/N) said and went back in.

Y/N walk towards to Mirabel. "Hey uhm. Are you alright?" Y/N asked and Mirabel look up to them. "I'm good." Mirabel quickly stood up and brushes off any dirts on her dress. It was awkward for a while until Y/N decided to ask her something. "I have been wondering for a while..." Y/N paused before deciding to continue. "If you have any powers..?" Y/N ask. Mirabel gulp and responded with, "Oh well.. haha! I didn't really have any powers." Mirabel said, chuckling nervously as she look at the other way to avoid eye contact. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I really shouldn't be asking you that." Y/N quickly said with guilt rising up in their chest. "Oh no no no! Its fine! I'm kinda used to it." Mirabel explained and Y/N understood. It must've been hard for Mirabel to be the only one without a gift."I'm sorry but I gotta go now." Y/N inform Mirabel. "Your not gonna stay any longer?" Mirabel asked, curious as to why Y/N would want to leave in such a hurry. "Well, today has been a weird day so I guess I'm just tired??" Y/N said, it almost sound like a question. "By the way, just be sure to return my sketchbook tomorrow." Y/N remind Mirabel and Mirabel nodded. "Goodnight!" Mirabel said and Y/N walk back towards her home. Y/N doesn't really wanted to stay there any longer. Why? They don't really know. They walk back to their room and throw in some pajamas and call it a day.