Chapter Six

Three days later Ryan awakes up from his long sleep. His head was still hurting and he still did not fill 100 percent "Welcome back from the dead," A familiar voice says to him.

        "Marlvan," Ryan says.

"Yes it's me now get some rest," he tells him. Marlvan leaves the room.

"I must speak with him," another voice says that Ryan did not recognized because he drifting in and out consciousness.

          "Not now, he still has a high fever and he keeps on passing in and out of consciences," Marlvan tells the other person. The other person left. Marlvan closed Ryan's door.  On the first day after he is back home safe and able to stay awakes Syria comes to see him. "Ryan tell me what happened." Syria says to him in a calm voice.

         "I was coming home from the emperor's castle from the archery tournament. I saw something fly over my head and then crash. I went to investigate and I found out it was a dragon after it sent a jet of flame at me, but I was able to dodge it at inscribable speeds I don't understand how that happen." Syria didn't say anything. "I touch the young child she was carrying and I felt very strange. The female Dragon tells me that I was chosen to be with him.  The Imperials arrive and I fought them, and I awake here."   

          "Don't worry Ryan your safe, and the young Dragon is somewhere safe I saw to that. Marlvan is the only other person who knows about the Dragon. Rest now you're safe."   

          "Syria, I was able to fire my arrows fast much faster than the Imperials and I deliver a killing strike every time where the Imperials miss every shot. How is that possible? How was I able to use a crossbow since I never use one before." Syria looked at him.

          "You've got lucky my friend," Syria says and leaves without a word. He didn't even till Marlvan what Ryan told him.            

         It was three days later at midday when Ryan left his room. Marlvan and Ted were waiting for him, "Sit." Marlvan ordered. So he sat down. "You were supposed to be home right after the tournament yet you choose to engage in conflict with the Emperors soldiers!" He yells. "Why did you kill those Imperial soldiers?"

 "I killed them because they tried to kill me from seeing what they did to a Dragon who escaped," Ryan answers.

"Ryan, there are no more Dragons," Ted says.

 "Yes there are I saw them," he answered.

  "Ryan, Ted, that's enough! Do you know what will happen if the emperor finds out you killed his soldiers?

  "Yes sir," he answers.

  "I could not hear you!"

 "Yes sir," he answers louder.

"What is it?"

"He'll kill me sir," Ryan answered.  Marlvan voice changed from angry to happiness and concern.

          "I'm glad you're alright though, I don't know what I would have done if I lost you." He gives Ryan a big hug. "Syria is waiting for you outside."

          "Where outside?" he asked.

          "Somewhere," Marlvan answers.

"You're not coming?"

"No Syria wants to be alone with you," Marlvan answered. So he goes outside to find Syria and he saw him waving to him from the tree line. He ran over to him.

          "Why are you out here?" Ryan asked Syria. He got his answer when the young Dragon came alongside him. "It's not an infant any longer?"