Chapter Eleven

They made it to Egypt without any problems except for small skirmishers with a few Imperials on the other side of the river, but majority of them ran away when Geltoic decided to swoop down from the sky. "How come the Imperials soldiers stopped at the river," Ryan asked anyone that would listen again. Arthur answered him since he's been wandering the same thing since they left the river and he sent men to find out the reason why they stopped at the river.

      "We have learned from our spies that the Empire has lost hundreds of soldiers in the desert, but that may not be the only reason," Arthur tells him.

        "How has he lost them?"

        "From the United Races of Zione and sand storms," Arthur tells him. "However, it want be long now before he wishes to attack those that still oppose him. Therefore, he does not allow his army to pursue any enemy of the Empire without having enough water to last for months."

         "Who rules Egypt?" Ryan asked.

  "They call him pharaoh as for his real name I know not," Arthur answers.

   "Is he in league with the Empire?" Geltoic asked through Ryan.

  "No he hates the Empire. He has been helping the United Races of Zione by giving us supplies, money, and weapons. Plus he gave us places to live. We have several safe houses in the city that the pharaoh kindly gave to us. He also gave us a place in his palace," Arthur answers. "There is a small garrison of Imperial soldiers in Egypt they are there to guard the ambassador from the Empire and to make sure their Embassy is protected."

                "I never heard about ambassadors before or Embassies," Ryan tells Arthur. 

                "The Empire has several Embassies throughout Zione except for in the Dwarf Kingdom and Elvin Kingdom since other cities outside of the main Empire area trade with cities within the heart of the Empire. I think very soon that will end."

                "Why do you say that?" Jeroc asked.

                "People are growing tired of being treated badly by the Imperials in their cities. Only the cities that are completely under Imperial control outside of the heartland will remain as they are until they are liberated and trust me there are many," Arthur tells them.  They entered Egypt however; Geltoic flew into the clouds before they got even closed to Egypt. They headed for the palace and once at the palace several servants approached the horses. They grabbed hold of their horses' reins, then they hurried on into the palace. Servants also showed Ryan, Esale, and Jeroc to their chambers. Captain Arthur and his men went to go make their report to Captain Andy. Captain Arthur stopped the servant that was taking Esale to her chambers. "Esale, I think Captain Andy would like your account of what happen since your capture." She goes with them; she looks back and sees Ryan and Jeroc be led away by the pharaoh's servants.

                Captain Arthur knocks on Captain Andy's door. "Enter," said a voice on the other side. Arthur enters the room leaving his men outside to wait for their turn to deliver their report. Andy looked up from his desk. "Welcome back Captain Arthur."

                "Thank you sir, it is good to be back," Arthur answers.