Taking a break

Casey's POV

Izzie and I decided going away would be a good idea, and we planned a quick getaway to my old family cabin. There will be snow on the ground, so it will be nice and romantic. I haven't been there since I was a little kid, but I remember how much I enjoyed it even then.

9 days later

Izzie and I are going away today, and I'm really gonna miss the kids. They've been living with us for almost two weeks now. We've been getting a little closer with Amber, well- I've gotten closer to Amber. Her and Izzie and don't seem to be there yet. We're just happen she doesn't completely hate us.

I packed our bag in the car, while Izzie was saying her goodbyes. I walked back inside to say goodbye, and inform Amber with some rules while we're gone.

"Mommy!" Addison yelled, jumping into izzie's arms.

"Aww- we're gonna miss you guys." Izzie said in a high voice.

Amber walked out from her room to say goodbye.

"Bye guys." She said, looking up from her phone.

"Bye Amber, and thanks again for watching the kids." Izzie told her.

"Yeah, and just a few things for when we're gone. Make sure the kids are asleep on time, you can order a pizza if you want, we left money on the counter. Don't answer the door for anyone you don't know. And most importantly, please please please don't have any parties. You wanna have a friend or two over? That's fine. Just please, no parties." I told her.

"Geez, you guys are gonna be gone for two days- not two weeks." She said jokingly.

"I know- I'm sorry. We've just never done this before." I said.

"Don't worry, the kids are fine, I'm fine, now go on." Amber said.

Izzie and I looked at each other and smiled. We walked out and got into the car.

Before I could start driving, Izzie grabbed my hand.

"You know, we haven't had... sex in almost two weeks." She said with a smirk.

I smirked back. "Believe me, I'm aware. Do you know how painful it is to go from doing it 4 times a week to not at all for 2 weeks?" I said jokingly.

Izzie leaned in and kissed me, and it went from sweet to hot really quickly. I rubbed my hand against her thigh, and then remembered we were still in the driveway.

I pulled away. "How about we don't do this in the driveway where our kids and neighbors can see?" I said, and she smirked again. That damn smirk is everything.

We drove away and talked a little about the kids, things we wanna do in the future with them, what we're gonna do at the cabin, and I felt relieved to talk to her again. Adopting the kids was one of the best things I've ever done, but sometimes I just need this alone time with izzie.

4 hours later

We finally drove up to the cabin, and the sun was already setting. I grabbed our bag and threw it in one of the rooms.

Izzie lit some candles to make it romantic, and we put on the Karate Kid- our go to movie. We figured we'd just relax tonight. I wanted to make Izzie dinner, but we didn't have any food so I'd have to run to the store, which isn't too far.

Izzie was up almost all night last night, so she was gonna take a nap while I went out to get food.

Being back here really brought back memories when Sam and I would sit out here, and I'd listen to him talk for hours about Antarctica. I hated it at the time, but now I miss it.