Chapter Nine

When Kao woke up the next morning, Up is not beside him anymore. Instead, he saw a note stuck on the bedside clock.

Kao brought himself to sit up. He reached for the note and read it.

"Hey, handsome.

I had to leave early for work. I didn't wake you up anymore, cause I know you're tired. I made you breakfast. Just reheat the food.

I love you!

-Your bunny"

Kao smiled after reading the letter. He decided to get up from the bed and head out of the room. He picked up the food on the table and brought it into the microwave.

While waiting for the food to finish heating up, Kao checked his phone for any messages. Kao received a message from his brother, Ohm. He opened the message.

"Phi, Em is already back from the US. He's in Bangkok now. He said he wants to see you."

Kao felt his blood boil upon reading the message. The nerve of that guy to look for him and talk to him.

Kao was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the microwave sound.

He heaved a sigh and went to pick up the food. He then sat down on the dining chair to have his breakfast.

However, Kao cannot seem to touch his food. Just the thought of Em being back in Bangkok bugs the hell out of him.

Em was his good friend back when they were still in high school. They were actually childhood friends. However, something happened that cost them their friendship.

Since that day, Kao never talked to Em again. Em, on the other hand, decided to pursue his education in the US.

Kao thought that that will be the last time that he'll ever see Em since his family also moved outside the country.

He didn't imagine that Em will come back. Just then, he felt so dizzy again.

Kao held his head, as he closed his eyes. Large drops of sweat are dripping from his forehead. He doesn't understand what's happening to him.

The last time this happened to him, was when he was still in his sophomore year in college.

Kao gripped the edge of the table so hard. He reached for his phone and dialed Up's number.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Up just came out from a meeting. He's so stressed about his boss. Good thing that he had the job done, and he didn't say anything about him.

However, when they had a meeting a few hours ago, his boss assigned him to another project again, and it's scheduled on the same date that he and Kao will go to Rayong.

They had long planned about it. Up also filed a leave for it, but his boss said that he has to move his leave because of the project he's giving him.

Up wanted to curse. His boss seems to be exploiting him already. Just because he can get the job done, his boss has the right to assign him jobs that will lapse on his leave.

He's not complaining about the work. What Up doesn't like is the short notice and time that his boss gives him to complete the tasks or projects.

Up decided to go somewhere. He needs to cool his head. H was about to get out of his office when he bumped into his table. The picture frame where his and Kao's picture fell to the floor, and the glass broke.