Chapter Twelve

<Flashback; Up's unit in Bangkok>

Up was placing his important things in his luggage. He's moving fast, so as not to come across Kao. Although it will take Kao at least an hour and a half to go after him from Kanchanaburi, he has to make sure that he can leave his unit before Kao can even return to their home.

Up was done packing his things, when the doorbell to his unit rang. He stopped what he was doing and diverted his gaze to the door.

Whoever it is, he's certain that it's not Kao.

Kao has a keycard, so he can just use it to enter his unit.

Up's eyes widened when he realized who it might be. It's possible that Em is coming to harass him again. Especially now, that a case was filed against him and Kao. Up slowly walked towards the door, and checked the person outside through the peephole.

Up was confused to find someone outside waiting for him to open the door. The guys look familiar, but he cannot just pinpoint where he exactly saw them.

As if his gut is telling him to open the door, he did.

The guy with beautiful lips smiled at him, as well as the other one.

"Hi. Are you Up?" The guy with pretty lips asked.

"Y-yeah. W-why?" Up asked. Still unsure whether to trust these people.

"I'm Gun. He's my brother, Zee."

Up tilted his head to the side. Seems like he had already heard their names.

"You might not remember us anymore, since it has been years already since we first and last met."

"We're the children of the couple who also died in the accident at Ang Thong."

When Up heard this, he invited the two inside.

Once they sat down, Gun immediately opened the topic of the case.

"I came here to inform you that I filed a case against the suspects for our parents' death."

Up slowly nodded. "I know about it already."

Gun was confused. How the hell did he know?

"My boyfriend was one of the suspects in the case." Up said. Sadness, anger, and frustration were evident in his voice.

Gun and Zee were even more shocked to hear it from Up. How the hell did he end up having a relationship with one of the suspects?

Up heaved a sigh. "It's a long story how everything came to this point. I don't understand as well how the hell destiny brought us together."

"I'm actually leaving Bangkok today. Is it okay with you if we just discuss this over some time?" Up asked Gun.

Gun might've sensed that Up is going through something, so he immediately nodded.

"Sure. Just tell me when. I'll just give you my number so you can call me when you're ready to talk about it."

Up nodded and handed Gun his phone. Gun took the phone and dialed his number. Seconds later, he waved his ringing phone in front of Up, before canceling the call.

"You already have my number. Just message me whenever you're free."

"We'll go ahead."

Up nodded, and then the two left.