3.

He had never been to a Muggle hospital before. It was a different thing.

"Good evening," Ginny smiled graciously at the nurse. "We're here to see Hermione Granger."

"Good evening. Sorry, but there is Mrs Knott now."

"Mrs Knott knows we're coming."

"Okay," the girl nodded. "Miss Granger is resting now."

"Thank you."

"Mrs Knott?" Draco blew up as they walked away. "Pans?! Pansy knew?!"

He glared at Ginny. He just wanted to explode with anger, but he was angrier with Pansy, who had ignored him for the last eight years, and she was aware of everything that was happening. He didn't know what happened to Granger then and believed that his friend was exactly kept in the dark, and therefore didn't go to reconciliation. Now he didn't understand anything.

The brunette was sitting on the sofa, slouching through some magazine. It was a little strange to see her in such an environment. She seems to be so calm and focused. Draco was used to seeing his friend in perpetual motion, in some kind of fuss, but now she was completely different. There was genuine calm and excitement in her. She was flustered, but it quickly faded when Pansy spotted Ginny and Draco.

"What the heck?" The girl hissed, jumping up to the arriving visitors. "What is he doing here, Ginny?"

"The same, Pans!" Malfoy replied furiously. "Theo said you were supposed to be with your mother."

"It's none of your business, Draco!" For the first time in many years, she turned to him directly. "Get out of here! Go away, otherwise, I'll take you out myself!"

"Shut up both!" Ginny hissed. "You forget where you are. You will deal with that outside the hospital."

Malfoy turned towards the Weasley but forced himself to remain silent. She was right. The hospital wasn't the most suitable place to sort things out.

He didn't understand what was driving Pansy. He didn't understand anything now.

***

He tilted his head and watched her. Until now it seemed to him it was impossible to be so bright and kind. Draco tried to prove to Hermione that sometimes you need to be tougher to fight back the unfair life that usually hit without warning.

But he also knew that Pansy would never harm her. She wasn't the kind of person who scattered her friendship around. Draco was glad his friend saw the same in Hermione as himself.

"We can go," the girl approached him. "I had to promise Pansy we'll spend the whole weekend together, but she wouldn't mind me leaving now."

"When I told you it would be nice for you to start hanging out, I didn't think I'd have to win you back," Draco rolled his eyes theatrically. "It seems she's trying to take you away from me..."

"Might feel like that to you, Malfoy," He heard Parkinson's voice, coming up from behind. "I really can't talk to Hermione, because you always drag her away somewhere."

***

"I won't let you." Pans grabbed his arm. "You won't go there. And, Ginny, we'll talk later."

"I don't need your permission," he pushed his friend away. "You knew what was going on with her and where she was, but you chose to remain silent all these years.

"And you never bothered to find out and chose to marry Astoria."

Malfoy's got full lungs of air to answer his friend's scolding remark, but he was overwhelmed by a heartbreaking scream that disturbed the peace of the corridors. Pansy immediately turned around and ran towards the nearest doors, and the nurse followed her into the room.