4.

October 1014

He looked at her as if spellbound. It seemed the whole world was focused on her, nothing else in the whole world could interest him but her. Never before had Armand felt such an attraction to the girl, but was afraid even to stand near her, so as not to cause harm. Such awe was out of Malfoy's character, but he couldn't help it.

Every day he came to her estate, just to look at her so that another day of his wouldn't be in vain. Young lord promised himself over and over again he would confess his feelings for her, but he ranted and raved in front of a beautiful girl.

He stared at the first yellowed leaves during the breakfast that began to fall and realized he couldn't wait any longer. Armand quickly packed up and set off along the path to the estate of a charming witch, whose image haunted him even in his dreams.

Toward noon, he stood a few meters from her house, watching the girl knitting berry wreaths. Her thin fingers skillfully managed the naughty branches and formed charming wreaths. Armand squeezed his hands into fists, filled the lungs with air and headed towards the girl.

"Good afternoon," he bowed respectfully. "Excuse me, I hope l didn't disturb you."

"Hello," the girl put the wreath aside and stood up. "How can I help you, young man?"

"It will sound very strange, but I am in love with you." He said it so quickly that he didn't understand his own words. "I don't even know your name, but I'd like to ask you to marry me."

The girl blushed and hid her face behind lush chestnut curls. Armand felt himself blush, but didn't move, waiting for the answer of the young beauty.

"My name is Solis," the girl answered quietly. "I am extremely flattered by your confession, young man."

"I am Armand Malfoy," the guy immediately introduced himself. "Solis... What a beautiful and unusual name."

"It means sun." She smiled.

"You actually look like the sun, Solis."

"Unfortunately, I cannot reciprocate your feelings, Armand," the young witch said even more quietly. "I'm engaged. I'm sorry."

Her words reached all the depths of his soul and heart. It seemed that the world suddenly plunged into gloom and hopeless darkness as if the sun no longer shone.

Then Armand did the most insane thing that any of all the Malfoys did: in a fit of his anger he burned down the estate in which Solis lived. The walls were burning bright like Armand's broken heart. He revelled in the suffering the young witch endured when she burned alive.

He didn't want her to go to anyone but him. The love for her made him go crazy so Armand couldn't understand that he wouldn't be happy by taking the girl's life. And when the fire engulfed the second floor of the estate, he noticed how charred, but still alive, Solis got out of the house.

He approached her to make sure she was about to die, that no one would be happy with her.

"Cursed be all your kind, Armand Malfoy," croaked the almost lifeless girl. "Everyone who ever knows true love, who will love the one in whose veins flows different blood than yours, will be doomed to death ..."

She died, and the sky was covered with storm clouds. A bright flash of lightning struck a burning house, destroying it for good. And Armand felt something dark and poisonous settling on his shoulders.

"There will never be a place for Mudbloods in my family." He spat on the charred corpse of Solis and disappeared down the hill.

***