Chapter 24

I'm not supposed to post this chapter this early but I'm excited to share it to you guys! You all deserved it for being patient with me. Thank you and enjoy!

-----

Walking back to Eren's chambers was uneventful. Levi spotted a few servants in the hallway but all of them avoided him. The raven think it was for the better, his thoughts were still running after the talk with the Queen. Even though Carla said that he had done more than enough, Levi's not sure if he did, more or less what was his next step.

He had no idea when Eren's wedding with Historia. He's not even sure if the Emerald Prince was going to get wed from someone from another clan this month.

Levi paused and stared at the spider on the wall near the torch. He knew that in ancient Egypt, Pharaohs wed their siblings or cousin to keep the royal blood flowing and the prime dynamic. But since Eren's an only child.

He gasped and leaned his weight on the wall. Digging into his memory, he recalled that Eren was the only Alpha with a prime status. Being a thief in this lifetime, Levi traveled with his friends until they settled here in Paradise. And the rulers of other kingdoms didn't have a Pharaoh with a prime status like Eren's.

"Could it be," Levi whispered before bolting towards the study room, passing Eren's chambers. He knew the palace had a library or something or maybe if he could ask someone who knew-

Bursting through the two heavy doors, Levi scanned the room and sighed in relief to discover that it was indeed the library. Or something similar to a library.

Hieroglyphics were itched and painted on the walls from floor to ceiling, there were a few "books" but Levi started skimming the hieroglyphics. He needed to be sure that Eren was not the only Alpha with a prime status.

He froze when he smelt something sweet coming from the end of the room. It was dim on the far end but Levi could make out a figure curled up in the corner.

Slowly approaching the figure, Levi identify that it was an Omega cowering in fear at his presence.

"Hey," he softens his voice and mellows out his scent. " It's okay, I'm just here to read."

"You're Levi," the Omega squeaked as he pressed himself further on the corner.

"Yeah, that's right but I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just reading- Armin?!" Levi exclaimed when his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting and saw the Omega's blonde hair, soft blue eyes, and angelic face. He didn't say the word "Armin" correctly but he was able to translate the said modern name to Paradis's native tongue.

The Omega flitched but he held his gaze with Levi's. "You know me?"

"I..." Blue-stormy eyes landed on the collar around Omega's neck. It was the same as his, the blonde was also a slave. "I saw you in the palace, sometimes," Levi reasoned.

"Oh," Armin nodded.

Levi pressed his lips shut. He wanted to run to the Omega and hug him. He missed Armin and he missed his library. It's nice to see him again in this timeline, but at the same time not. How did Armin end up as a slave? Levi had no idea.

"What are you doing here?" The raven asked.

"I was reading..." Armin whispered.

Levi smiled, maybe the blonde could help. Even in this lifetime, his dear friend still adores books. The raven slowly approached the blonde Omega and was mindful of his Alpha scent. Now that he found someone he knew, he didn't want to scare them away because now he's an Alpha.

"Um, can you help me with something?"

Armin was silent for a few seconds before finally looking up at him. "Depends..."