1

So it's getting to be the end of my shift. I'm tired, done with idiots, rude people, and people who won't turn off their loud ass trucks. But I turn on my headset and greet the next customer, "Hi thank you for choosing A Burger Place, what can I make fresh for you?"

     Now where I work I can see each customer thanks to a camera that's placed a short distance away (that's right folks, we can see you and whatever you may have been doing before you pulled in). So the guy is mid 40's in a truck with a trailer attached. "Yeah," he shouts, "I want a butterburger with everything on it and fries."

     "Alright sir would you like a drink?"

     "Yeah I want a Mellow Yellow," he hollers over his truck engine.

     In my head I sigh, we've never carried Mellow Yellow, "I'm sorry sir-"

     "I SAID I WANT MELLOW YELLOW!"

     I pause before trying again, "And again I'm sorry sir, but we don't carry that. May I offer a Sierra Mist or Pepsi?"

     "Oh, well yeah a Pepsi will work." 

     "Anything else?" 

     "Nope." 

     "Alright sir your total will be at the window."

     I turn off my headset and look to Sarah who is filling his drink next to me, "NO I WANT MELLOW YELLOW!" I playfully shout at her. 

     She snickered as she put a lid on the cup and goes to the window to cash him out.