God calls

Do you pray to know God's will for you? We need to ask for guidance as well as listen for answers. Each of us is called for a specific purpose. It's true that we may never know the full extent of our purpose during our lifetime, but that doesn't excuse us from trying. Perhaps some of you here are being called to the ministry. Most will be called to marriage. Perhaps your gifts call you to the work in the medical field, or as lawyers or teachers or waiters. Beyond that, all should consider how we are being called to serve within the community. We are all called to work for social justice. I understand that calls to serve come at different times to different people and certainly working to provide for and care for a family is a top priority and should be. That priority includes instructing in and modeling our faith. Children need to know that God loves them and has a plan for them as well. Many families work together to gather food or clothing or the poor. Parents can also help their children by pointing out the gifts God has given them and encouraging them to use them. We all have gifts. We won't all be great athletes, musicians or painters. But God has a plan for us that uses the gifts we have been given. Thankfully, many are gifted as mechanics, electricians and plumbers! The important thing is acknowledging that God does have a plan for us that no one else can fulfill and that we seek to hear his voice in all we do.