For All Time (3)

**Rated PG**

part three of 'For All Time 1'

It's so hard for me to write this sticking to the plot of the show so I'm going to change things up, hope no one minds. <3

The three of you have been walking for miles. You plop down on a large boulder sitting on top of the dirt and debris and groan. "Now what are we doing? Are you trying to walk me to death or something?"

"Funny. We're trying to find a power source for the TemPad. Someone killed the battery," Sylvie rolls her eyes towards Loki.

The god holds up his hands in defense. "I didn't even know how to use it."

You stand up. "Well... there's one thing I can think of that might have enough power..."
.
.
.
"How did you even know about this thing anyway?" Loki squints up at the 'Ark' towering above them.

"It's an evacuation vessel for only the wealthiest of Lamentis-1 citizens. The plan is for it to leave with all of its passengers safely on board, but in approximately seven minutes it's going to be destroyed by an asteroid. The TVA has detailed reports on each and every timeline. I read them when I get the chance. Not like I have anything else to do." You look down at your feet.

Loki glances at you. There's a moment of somewhat awkward silence after your response.

"Ok then," you clap your hands together and put your hand out for the TemPad, "give it to me and I'll just go pull some wires and plug it in!"

"Ah-ah-ahh, you didn't think I would just hand it over, did you now? No, I'll give it to you only when you are ready to plug it in. And while your doing that I'll be right by your side."

You sigh and walk around to the metal plate you presume covers most of the wiring. "Screwdriver." You hold your hand out expectantly.

Loki blinks and the metal plate disappears.

"Show-off..." you mutter and sort through the wiring. "Red wire, red wire, red wire— ah here it is.. ok now where's the blue one..."

"Um, Y/N, everyone's rushing to board. Could you hurry it up a bit?" Sylvie asks, looking back at the citizens.

"Yeah yeah, I'm trying!" You count the time in your head. Three minutes until hell rains down in the shape of an asteroid.

"Almost—" You jam the complex wiring into the side of the TemPad, "Got it!! Oh no, it's taking a while to charge..."

"How long do we have until the asteroid?" Loki asks nervously.

"Two minutes and thirty seconds," you face pales. This was it. You could die here. Everything, it all led to this moment.

Sylvie and Loki looked just as nervous as you felt which didn't comfort you whatsoever.

50%

1 minute and 30 seconds.

70%

60 seconds.

85%

40 seconds.

90%

30 seconds.

98%

15 seconds

99%

10 seconds.

100%

You yank the TemPad from the wiring and frantically press on the screen. Loki and Sylvie grab onto each of your arms and you jump through the Timedoor, yet again into the unknown.
.
.
.
.
.
You, Loki, and Sylvie stand in the middle of New York City. Or what's left of it. Everything around you is either in flames or already burnt to a crisp.