What are Ambassadors?

@akhadikurni posted the following question on my Wattpad wall:
"so what is your duty being ambassador? is there reqruitmment? r u being choosen or do u apply?"
_________________________

FAQs:

What are the Ambassadors?
Wattpad Ambassadors are Wattpad users like you and me that submit an application form (just as you would do to a job). There is a set of specific criteria required for this job position and you will find all the details concerning the application process at the Ambassadors page in The Ambassador Program story.

What do Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors are divided into 4 main groups and so, they have different duties assigned to them as per their group choice:
1. Club Moderators
2. Content Moderators
3. Social Engagement Coordinators
4. Engagement Specialists

P.S. If some of you were wondering what the "MOD" term meant on here:
http://www.wattpad.com/59740799-the-ambassador-program-who-we-are-ambassadors

MOD means Moderator. Moderators are the ones who filter all Wattpad contents and organize this platform into a safer and a more user-friendly environment. This is only a general interpretation. MOD's have a few more responsibilities. They have special authorization to the "moving or closing of threads" that are infringing on the rules and regulations set in stone by Wattpad HQ.

An overview of the following 4 positions is included in the Ambassadors page's The Ambassador Program story:
1. Club Moderators
2. Content Moderators
3. Social Engagement Coordinators
4. Engagement Specialists

Is Wattpad an actual company?
Is there even a Wattpad HQ?
If so, what do they do all day?
Yes, Wattpad is an actual company and its Headquarters are situated in Toronto, Canada. People who work at Wattpad HQ are extremely hardworking yet know how to have a good time also. They are consistently connecting with users to understand what the users want. People who work at Wattpad HQ work on designing new neat features to perfect the Wattpad experience to the summit.

What is the difference between workers at Wattpad HQ and Wattpad Ambassadors?
The two main difference is this:
A) people who work at Wattpad HQ get paid; Wattpad Ambassadors do not. It is considered volunteer work and Wattpad Ambassadors apply because they genuinely wish to make a positive difference in the Wattpad community.
B) people at Wattpad HQ work on improving the Wattpad experience in general for their lovely users through both the website and the app; Wattpad Ambassadors have the practical aspect of the job since they are Wattpad users, meaning that they are active on Wattpad on a regular basis.

Workers at Wattpad HQ and Wattpad Ambassadors are both really important. These two complete each other and make for a smooth outcome.
_________________________

Message to all my fellow Wattpaders!

My advice to you would be to review the following link as it has important information that I feel all users should be aware of, whether new to Wattpad or not: http://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/categories/200084930-Trust-and-Safety. Although, reading the Wattpad rule book does not sound like much fun; it is very insightful and might shine a light on the expectations we have from you guys as well. 😉

My dear friends, Wattpad is a two-way traffic of expectations. All Wattpad users evidently hold some significant expectations from us, be it from the hard-working lot at Wattpad HQ or the 24/7-available Wattpad Ambassadors that are based from countries all around the world. It is only fair that as a user, you also genuinely give our rules and regulations a chance and try at the best of your ability to uphold those guidelines.

Please take this golden opportunity to read and learn of what is expected of Wattpaders. On behalf of all the Ambassadors, I would like to congratulate you and wish you a safe and happy Wattpading experience!

Remember that we are here to help so please do post on our official Ambassadors page: http://www.wattpad.com/user/Ambassadors.

___________________________