Ep 6: Missing?

"You four, follow me," he commanded.

Following him through the hustling crowd of students, we reached the office of the head professor Kripa. He was sitting on a black office chair with one of the two desks in front of him, occupied by Professor Drona, who gave us a questionable look.

"What did these kids do, Ashwathama?" He got up from his chair and walked towards the student who called us here, while enquiring us with his glaze.

Ashwathama, the son of Professor Drona, and one of the most talented senior of ours. I remember finding his name on the top of previous years result on the website of Acharya Drona highs. Would be great if he can help me in studies though my thoughts are not more than just imagination and expections, currently...

"I think we got the rest four participants for martial arts competition."

I glanced at him, as I was standing the nearest to him, with wide and questioning eyes. He leaned a little towards my ear, as he was taller than me, and whispered. "Just say an "okay" bro! Or I would tell them about what happened in the sports room."

"Are you blackmailing us?" I turned my face towards him, mumbling.

"Not really, but you can think so. I can give you my topper notes of last year in return, just agree with me."

"Smart. No loss and only gain."

I just agreed with him, my glaze fixed on him as I nodded.
I thought that before the final round of martial arts, as they choose the best artist and there I can lose willingly. Not only would I have no need to write notes myself, but also I might get familiar with others in the club, as a newbie, would be helpful.

Madhav also agreed with him, even when he didn't knew about the study notes thing, as if he was here only for this.

----

After the tiresome journey of our so called mission, 'find the dagger' is completed, we are finally back to our room. I jumped back on the bed, closing my eyes to relax. Krishna came there, reminding me that it's his bed though he don't really care for it. Abruptly, a question struck my mind, what happened to the dagger? Did we forgot to pick it up from there? I sat up, hands on knees, in deep thoughts and eyes focused on the floor for no specific reason.

Suddenly, Madhav broke my focus as he advanced the dagger between my eyes and the floor. I held it, and glanced up at him, to which he just sat beside me. Narrating how he slid the dagger into his sleeve, the time when he was picking up the money bag thrown by Duryodhan, as an excuse to let the dagger go unnoticed. I chuckled at his genius mind and its ideas. However, I noticed some blood drops covering the dagger, which just tensed me about something as I rolled up Krishna's sleeve. To my expectations, he had his arm injured.

I asked him to sit still even when I knew if he wants to move, none can stop him, but still we didn't had a first-aid box at home as we shifted here just some days back and many items are yet to be bought. As a result, I had to borrow some medicines from the students clinic. Out of blue, someone banged up on the door simultaneously when I opened it. He fell above me, forcing me to take some steps back.

"Bro Yudhisthir is missing!"

"What is that supposed to mean? Ice cube isn't a child-" though I suddenly felt a pain in my wrist only to notice the very same, root of all these troubles, dagger digging into my palm.

But there stood Madhav, taking it from my hand and inspecting the wound, with a smile. Seriously? The fact to notice was that inspite that his other hand was healthy, he still preferred checking upon me with the injured one. Some of his blood-drops merged with mine.

Asking Nakul for the places he often goes to, and then we started searching differently. Madhav searched for him inside the school, Nakul went to search for him at their secret meet up point since they didn't wanted to reveal it to others. Out of the school provisions, I asked around in each shop nearby.

Finally, when I found him in neither of the shops, I arrived at the nearest shopping mall to search for him. Though suddenly, I heard some noises of crowd yelling. I watched through the glass window of the elevated building. A giant structure like that of a robot invading the area.

"What is going on?" I mumbled to myself.

The beast moved closer to the building, I stood in.

Thud! His heavy metallic arm met the mere concrete building which was no longer standing still. Realisation stuck me, I lost my balance as the floor broke. I threw my hands in air, in expection to hold upon something, and fortunately I found something to hold. As I looked up, I found myself hanging by an iron rod popping out from the broken edge of wall while the bricks that once assembled together to form the high building shattered like a mere glass.

A scene, one had only seen in a movie had now turned into a reality that shook the roots of mankind...

-----------------

Heyoooo readers!

;P what if Madhav really hid the dagger in Nakul's bag to join the competition? Or maybe it's a double shot, two birds with one stone ;))

This chapter have a particular paragraph (Easter egg on your way) that will be veryyyyy useful in the future (spoiler ;))

Byeee!👀

~Parthvi...