Chapter 2: Friends?

Daniel Grendough's POV

The first thing I did this morning was sit on my computer chair and open my skype. Just earlier, I scared a lady named Amanda from Las Vegas. Just like the others, her reaction was priceless. Their reaction never fails to bore me.

Just as I was about to search for another target, my skype notified me that Riddler was online. I glared at his name once again and saw that he typed a message.

The Riddler: Good Morning, "Daniel Grendough".

The Riddler: Did you sleep well?

I stared at his message. What the hell? 'Did you sleep well?'- he says? Why the hell would he ask that? Just yesterday, he was all creepy and stuff and now he's being friendly with me? 

I decided to ignore his friendly greeting and continue on with my fun, by searching for another target and scare them off. Before I could click on a certain name, he sent another message and because I was curious, I checked it out.

The Riddler: Don't you even think about ignoring me.

This guy must be a psychic! How does he know what I'm exactly doing? Unless... he set up a hidden camera without me knowing. Oh, what the heck, Daniel! Are you dumb or something? Just because he knows your address, doesn't mean he would go that far! I mean, he probably lives miles away from here!

I realized that ignoring him would be too easy. I mean, from the looks of it, he doesn't seem like a guy who would give up so easily. So, rather than ignoring him, I decided to reply to him. No matter how annoying it will be.

Daniel Grendough: Are you a psychic or something?

The Riddler: Haha, sadly no. I'm just good at guessing :)

You know, he ain't that bad as I actually thought. Maybe he's a nice guy. Wait, no! Don't fall for it, Daniel! He's just playing with you! Just play along for now and then trace him when he loses his guard. Yeah.. 

Daniel Grendough: Well then you're hella good at guessing!

The Riddler: Why, thank you! Nobody has ever complimented me like this before.

At those words, I felt a sudden ache on my chest area. W-Wha? What just happened? That's weird...

The Riddler: So, how are you this fine morning?

Daniel Grendough: Good

Daniel Grendough: Why?

The Riddler: Oh, no reason. I'm just asking :)

Daniel Grendough: It's weird seeing you type a smiling emoticon

The Riddler: Why so?

Daniel Grendough: I don't know, it's just weird

Daniel Grendough: Yesterday you were all creepy and mysterious and now that you're being friendly and nice

Daniel Grendough: It feels weird...

The Riddler: I'm sorry, I just felt different yesterday.

The Riddler: Don't worry, I won't do it again.

Woah, he just apologized. Maybe he really isn't the guy that I actually thought. But then, how do you explain the tracing and tracking thing? Maybe he really was just different yesterday. But that's no excuse so I won't let my guard down.