Chapter 6: Confrontation

Glenn Parker's POV

We stepped on Jimmy's front porchstep of their apartment and stood for awhile, giving Gabe a little bit more time to prepare himself before we could knock on the door. I looked at him for a minute and saw his nervous expression. He was sweating alot and looking at my back, I saw my sister inside the car with an impatient look on her face.

"What the heck are you guys still doing outside? Just knock already!!" she mouthed. I gave her a pause sign and silently told her to wait. I felt a tug on my sleeve and even from the density of my cloth, I could feel his hand sweating. He gulped and looked at me straight in the eyes, saying "I'm ready..." with trembling lips. I cleared my throat off and put on my 'professional' look as I knocked on the door.

A few minutes later, we heard a woman's voice in a distance inside the apartment. "I'm cooooooominggg~" she called out. The door opened and it revealed a beautiful woman around her 30's. "Oh dear! May I ask who you two gentlemen are?" she asked politely. She had a very obvious British accent in her voice so maybe she's from England.

I smiled as sweetly as I can and decided to play the professional and formal older brother. "Good afternoon, Madame! I'm very sorry to disturb you in the middle of this late afternoon but I would like to discuss to you something about your son. This child with me is your son's classmate and as you can see, I am his older brother..." I introduced myself.

The woman, who I assume to be Jimmy's mother, stared at my little brother for a second before grasping her hands together in excitement. "You must be Gabriel Parker!! My son told me all about you~ He practically talks about you all the time!" she excitedly said. "He did?" both Gabe and I asked at the same time with our eyes wide open in disbelief. 'Huh, I thought Jimmy hated Gabe's guts even though he's his bestfriend but I guess not..' I thought. "Of course he does! Please, come in come in!" she invited us in as she gestured her hands to enter.

I looked at Laila for a second and mouthed "Go park your car somewhere and come later after. We'll go ahead" with hand gestures to help her understand what I was saying. She nodded and drove off somewhere where she could park her car. I looked back to Jimmy's mother and smiled. "Thank you for your hospitality, Mrs..?". "Oh please, call me Jenina! Jenny for short". "Oh, okay. Please excuse our intrusion, Mrs. Jenny" I said politely as Gabe and I entered their apartment.

I looked around the house and saw numerous of portraits of the family. Their apartment looked pretty normal but regardless, it was still beautiful. "You have a really nice apartment, Mrs. Jenny" I complimented. She placed both of her hands on her cheeks and blushed. "Oh stop it, you flatter me Mr. Parker" she bashfully said.

I felt a tug on my sleeve and I could see Gabe sweat nervously. "I think I need to drink..." he said. I took this opportunity to make a joke and mess this kid up. "Heh, I think it's a bit too early for you to drink, kiddo" I joked. "Oh, come on! You know that's not what I mean!" he whispered while glaring at me with an unamused look.

Jenina took us to the living and gestured for us to sit down on the couch. "Please, why don't you two have a seat. I'm sure you must be very tired. Would you like to have a drink?" she asked as she patted the couch's cushion, gesturing for us to sit down. 'Well, talk about perfect timing'. "Yes, that would be great. Thank you very much" I said as we sat down on the soft couch.