Chapter 1

"Emily grace Murphy if you don't get your butt down here right now, no phone for 2 weeks."

Ugh, my mom just doesn't understand.i mean, I have to do my makeup or else I'm a living nightmare. The fact that I'm still single proves it.

All my friends right now can live YOLO and don't have to wear makeup to school, Ya know why? Because they all are taken.

TAKEN. A small word that can just easily define someone. What do you think of when you the word taken? Someone pretty and perfect right? You don't think of me that's for sure.

I'm literally a walking third wheel. The one who acts like she's totally fine when she's with her friends, but goes home crying. Yup that's me.

I don't believe in fairytales. My friends all do of course. Well because for them it ended "happily ever after". But for me there's no way I'm going to drop a book and touch fingers with someone and fall in love.

Why? Because I've been friend zoned by every guy that's single. I mean we all have a handshake. Does that sound like I'm ever gonna get out, eh no not really.

As I walked downstairs I realized that I needed to try harder. I grabbed an apple of our Quartz island and ran back up stairs half eating half panting.

I searched through my shoe closet frantically looking for the perfect heals. I needed to show up to school fashionably late. Then again only my friends would see me as pretty.

I picked out blue heals that matched perfect with my blue tank top and white pants. I picked out a blue bow to complete my hair and sprayed a little bath and body works perfume. (Of course the Maui mango surf).

"Love if you don't hurry up your going to be late" my mom yelled as I carefully walked down the stairs.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"And since when do you wear heals when you have cheer after school?! Emily your on the Elites you can't slack off.

"I know don't worry I brought my cheer shoes and some converse if my feet get blisters." I defended.

"Ok love you" my mom said as she kissed me goodbye.

I walked out the door into my pastel yellow bug sitting in the driveway. We weren't rich at all but this was given to me as a present from my grandparents.

I arrived at school 3 minutes before the late bell was going to ring. I'm sure at least one or two people would be in the hall.

As I walked into the long school corridor I could feel eyes burning through my head. All faces were on me. Then again I could hear the gossip girls talking about me. The jocks I'm sure as well. And then there were my friends. I'm sure they were only going to care about the fact that I was late.

"Where were you?!" Jessica yelled from across my locker.

I undid my combo before replying.

"I just wanted to look a little extra nice today." I said calmly.

"Sure, you know we have cheer right? Coach Becky is going to kill you if she sees you." She snickered.

"Oh well I guess we better not run into her." I laughed.

I grabbed my books and together we walked into English together.