Chapter 3

"Ellie toes pointed now!!" Coach Becky yelled.

Ellie grunted and pointed her toes as she redid her back hand spring.

Ellie really had it hard. I remember when her dad died and she didn't come to school for 2 whole weeks. And then straight after jesse broke it off with her.

She just hasn't been her lately.

"Emily! Come over to the blue mat!" Coach Becky yelled as she pointed to the large blue mat spread across the back left corner of the gym.

"Yes coach." I said as I jogged over there.

"Ok I want you to hit a double hand spring jump twist." Becky commanded me.

"Ok" I agreed.

"And if Emily does this perfect no conditioning for today. If she messes up just one bit, conditioning for an extra 30 minutes!"

Pweh there was a lot of pressure on me. I put my hands straight up in the air preparing for the task in front of me.

I ran two feet jumped hit my Ariel, then did 2 full handsprings, and landed it with a flip.

"Very nice Emily, girls you are dismissed." Coach Becky announced.

The team said their thank you's and walked off. I stayed behind. I knew the coach wanted something, she never pulls me out like that.

"Emily I saw you wearing heels today. And k was going to ban you from practice this week and competition. But the team needs you."

"Thanks coach!" I said thanking her.

"Now go reward yourself you did good!" She said as she left the gym.

That was close. I was now alone in the gym.

"Hey Emily!" Someone called.

I turned around. "Who are you?" I asked in demand.

"Oh uh just another footfall player. Ignore the sweat haha." He said.

"Um hi but I need to go so um bye" I said awkwardly.

"Wait no! Don't go! Uh I just um wanted to tell you that well.... Um you've never come to prom before and um... Want to come?" He stuttered.

"Um can I at least know who you are?" I asked.

"Oh it's Nathan, the varsity football teams QB." Nathan stated.

"Oh hey Nathan and sure I'll see ya there bro!" I called as I left the gym.

That was weird. Nathan's a really great friend of mine and he never sweats around me. He must have been really tired.

"Hey where have you been?" Sarah called.

"I was in the gym talking to Nathan."

"Ooo Nathan, what's up with you and him?"

"Nothing girly he jut wants me to see him play. I mean I am his best friend practically."

"You don't get it? Do you?" Sarah questioned me.

"Get what Sarah?" I replied.

"Oh my God, just find out for yourself Em." She stated then left the changing room.

Get what?

~#~
AUTHORS NOTE
OK so how did Yall like this chapter I know it's a little short I just wanted to get it up.

How do you guys like Nathan? Put int he comments section pwease? 😊 byeee