𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒻ℴ𝓊𝓇

"Do you really have to go?" Your voice trembles as your silver haired lover delicately takes your hand in his.

"Yes." He whispers against your lips, his pretty blue eyes intently staring into your own with creased brows. "I'm sorry, love. I don't have a choice. That witch of a saintess will hurt my brother if I don't take his place. You know I can't let that happen. I could never forgive myself if something happened to Ditrian." He bites his lips and bops your head with his.

The stress rolls off his shoulders in tremors.

You place your free hand on his shoulder and squeeze in reassurance. "I understand, I truly do, but I worry for you still." You search his eyes. "I'll wait for you, promise me you'll come back to me."

His brilliant blue irises that embody the ocean itself, close tightly and he releases a frustrated breath.

Frustrated with himself.

"I want to promise I'll safely come back to you in one piece or at the very least alive but I cannot give you false words. I love you and I can't lie to you. I can't give you that false hope. Anything and everything could go wrong. This could be some scheme for my death, I wouldn't put it past that witch."

Your heart squeezes at his words and his sad eyes.

"This sucks." You laugh, nuzzling into him. "I hate this."

"I do too, but there is nothing to be done." Julius nuzzles you back making you smile.

"I wish there was some way I could help." You sigh into his shoulder and shut your eyes.

"Stay safe for me? Make sure my precious little brother doesn't get himself in too much trouble?" He asks with a barely there smile.

"I'll stay as safe as I can." You promise him with your own smile. "I'll protect Ditrian with my everything."

"I am a lucky man to have such a lovely woman like you in my life. I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Julius. With all my heart and soul."

Julius presses his lips against yours in a sweet, desperate kiss.

A shared unspoken farewell between the two of you.

Words would be too much to handle at the moment.

"Read this when you think of me. I'll always be by your side." You say after pulling away, slipping the small journal into his hand and offer the brightest smile you can conjure in the moment.

Julius gives a nod and gives a pat to his horse and jumps onto its back. He looks back and waves at you and his family. Little Ditrian moves forward to wrap his arms around you as he energetically yet somberly waves at his older brother. You tousle his black hair and smile.

"Looks like it'll be up to us to take care of your mother until your brother returns to us."

Ditrian nods and grasps your hands in his. The two of you walk back to your to be mother in law and prepare mentally for what's to come in the next few months.