𝟎𝟎. buzzcut boy.

CHAPTER ZERO

CHAPTER ZERO.
buzzcut boy

SORROW WAS NOT A FOREIGN FEELING TO LOLA HERNANDEZ. It's one the black haired girl had felt all too well and at this point in her life, she'd grown used to it quickly bubbling up in the pit of her stomach. She couldn't ever catch a break from the emotion, like it purposely killed off her family members so it could grow back, practically eating her alive. Her mother was the first to go, a drunk driver had taken her beautiful soul just five years ago. Next, it was her grandfather who had finally taken his last breath at the local nursing home. And now, it's the man she had grown to call her father, a lovely human being that didn't deserve the death that had been handed to him.

The funeral had been in his old hometown, Tree Hill, where his Will was called off by the lawyer their father assigned. A small house, apparently his old home, had been gifted to Andre, his oldest and only son. Lola was handed some money he had saved up for the kids and the old records he used to keep. After that sit down, Andre made the lawyer stay behind so he could discuss Lola's situation and if he could be her guardian. Being the twenty year old that he is, the lawyer had agreed after explaining there would be lots of paperwork and that the process would be long. And after a few months, everything worked out perfectly.

Letting out a tired sigh, Lola scoots the cardboard box towards the edge of the moving truck and hops down, getting ready to lift the stupid thing up. She wraps her arms around the surface and lifts, but instead of moving from the dirty floor, it stayed put, not even budging. A groan escapes her lips and as she goes to try again, a pair of hands landing on her upper arms startles her and her head whips in the direction of a random boy.

The blonde raises his hands quickly, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just noticed how much you're struggling and figured I'd offer you my help." He smiles gently, his arms falling to his sides. "I'm Lucas Scott, your neighbor."

As much as she didn't want to accept defeat, she does anyways, and gives him a smile back. "I'm Lola Hernandez. And you can definitely help me, that box is killer."

He chuckles, grabbing the brown object and lifting it as if it weighed nothing at all to him. "There's nothing wrong about this box, I think you're just weak."

Lola could pick up on his joke as she followed him into her house. "I think I've been listening to Eminem to much." He laughed. So, he got her joke as well. "You can just sit that by the staircase, I'll have my brother bring it up to my room once he gets home."

"Is it just you and your brother here?" Lucas follows her instructions and sets it down.

"Yeah, it's just us. He goes to work and does all of the adult stuff, while I go to school." Lola shrugs, making her way to the couch that had already been situated from the morning.

He takes the cushion beside her and turns his body in her direction so they could talk face-to-face. "It's just me and my mom, too. And speaking of school, I'm assuming you start tomorrow?" When she hums, he continues. "I could show you around if you'd like?

"Really? I would really love that. Starting in the middle of a year is gonna suck and I'm not going to have any friends, I'll be a loner." She laughed, secretly dreading what was to come in a days time.

Lucas put his hand on his heart, "Ouch, I guess I'm just non-existent to you."

Lola giggled, "You're not, but I know how it usually goes. You'll show me around for the first part of the day and then you'll run into your friends, leaving me hanging to fend for myself."

"Okay, I get where you're coming from. But, I promise not to ditch you. If you get uncomfortable or even think I'm going to, just grab ahold of my arm, I wouldn't mind." Lucas shrugged, messing with his buzzcut hair.

Lola's eyes sparkled with delight, "Thank you, that actually means a lot."

"Anytime."

┈┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈┈

you guys better soak in this friendship while you can because (spoiler alert: he's gonna be on haley's side) , but i'm sure y'all already knew that was gonna happen lmao

you guys better soak in this friendship while you can because (spoiler alert: he's gonna be on haley's side) , but i'm sure y'all already knew that was gonna happen lmao. please let me know if you enjoyed this! <3