Episode 13 Awakening

WARNING the following chapter may contain heavy emotional subjects such as family issues, feelings of emotional abandonment, mother and daughters angst, and desire for forgiveness. Please be advised if you've taken the time to read this.

Date Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Time 6:25 PM

Location Wakeman residence basement

Mere seconds after pressing the red button on the central control panel, the XJ sisters slowly but surely began to whirr to life as their eyes flashed and shone. Jenny's smile grew brighter and brighter as she knew at this point she wouldn't be alone anymore,

but she also knew that the sisters would undoubtedly have a lot of questions to ask and would need a lot of time adjusting and figuring out what to do with them, but right now, jenny just wants her family back..and she's confident her friends will make the risk worth taking...

but even Tyler was having doubts about this, but he was determined to see it through too, as he just wanted to help jenny out, almost as if he himself knew what it was like to be an only child and with only his parents to look after him

And dr Wakeman, her daughter, still couldn't believe her mother would leave her sisters collecting dust in the basement. Sure they were prototypes, but still, if they were human, it would be a whole different story about being shut down and locked in the basement for decades...

and now, Jenny will fear her mother replacing her, and dr Wakeman will fear her daughter and her friends as well

the group of friends' thoughts were soon broken off by the sound of one of the XJ prototypes speaking out

"Oh....w...what happened?...." groaned XJ5 "oh...still here, huh...?"

Xj1 looked up at the group in front of her nervously, part of her wanted to barf oil, but by the same token, she felt as if she should keep calm and be grateful for being reactivated again alongside her younger sisters,

Xj 2 and 3 looked around their surroundings. It had been decades since they were deactivated and collecting dust alongside their sisters. They were wondering what had happened.

"Oh! Look! Humans!" Said XJ4, "and...mother...oh no..."

"Hey, don't worry about us!" waved brad to calm them down "we're friends!"

"y-yeah!" said tuck nervously but stayed calm. If the young child could warm up to jenny, he could warm up to her sisters as well "you don't have to worry!"

"I must agree," said xj8 monotonously, "these humans aside from our creator dr Wakeman are not a threat to us, least of all our newest sister, designated XJ9."

"oh thanks," nodded jenny, "but please call me jenny,"

"understood, jenny," nodded XJ8 displaying hidden emotions.

The more jenny looked at Xj8, the more she reminded her of her appearance when vexus and her nanobot made a she-hulk monster, and brad only thought it was just a phase most teenagers go through, and yet Tyler, tuck, and dr Wakeman were the only sane people that day...

"what? we all don't get a name of our own either?" sneered XJ6 jealously

"you pipe down!" snapped XJ4 at her older sister "we should be happy to be online again and be thanking the humans and mother for releasing us!"

"Yeah, you heard her!" said jenny joining her older sister."

"thank you all so much for waking us up!" thanked XJ5 in gratitude, "but how did you find us?"